2005 Jeep LJ Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Built by Mr. Blaine

Status
Not open for further replies.
22. Engine has been upgraded with a Boosted Technologies full supercharger kit, more power!

Assuming the original 4.0L...
And a digital boost gauge, AFR gauge, EGR gauge and trans temp. 2 are on a customized A pillar pod, 2 are on the center of the dash with a molded in pod. The doors have keyless entry and Dakota Digital switches. And it has seat heaters.

1623869209297.png
DSC_4401.JPG

That is a beautiful jeep for sure, not sure I would pay that much but I'm sure someone will pay close to it.

Last edited:
That is a beautiful jeep for sure, not sure I would pay that much but I'm sure someone will pay close to it.
You’ll pay close to that or more by the time your done with yours 😆

I feel you though!

And a digital boost gauge, AFR gauge, EGR gauge and trans temp. 2 are on a customized A pillar pod, 2 are on the center of the dash with a molded in pod. The doors have keyless entry and Dakota Digital switches. And it has seat heaters.

View attachment 259677View attachment 259679
Some SERIOUS attention to detail, this is more like one of the TV show level Restomod's, this is not our typical forum TJ wheeler Savvy bolt on fest. I can imagine the labor that went into the chasing every loose end was not insignificant. I just picked up my diesel from the shop, they are now billing out at ... wait for it: $144.95/hr !!!!

You’ll pay close to that or more by the time your done with yours 😆

I feel you though!
I probably will, but it will happen over years not all a once, even though I wish it could happen all at once. I've spent more on mine in the last 6 months than I have the previous 4 years of owning it.

I think next on my list is savvy corner armor and rockers.

Reactions: Chris
I probably will, but it will happen over years not all a once, even though I wish it could happen all at once. I've spent more on mine in the last 6 months than I have the previous 4 years of owning it.
I hear ya! I wish mine would have happened over years but I just can’t resist the urge to do it all at once. Stupid from a financial standpoint, but at least it’s done for the most part.

Some SERIOUS attention to detail, this is more like one of the TV show level Restomod's, this is not our typical forum TJ wheeler Savvy bolt on fest. I can imagine the labor that went into the chasing every loose end was not insignificant. I just picked up my diesel from the shop, they are now billing out at ... wait for it: $144.95/hr !!!!
Under the tub above the bumper.
DSC_4440.JPG

We had the body shop detail out the underside of the fenders.

1623876084837.png

Upholstery shop did a nice job on the seats. Also one of the last sets of new OEM Rubi flares that I saw.

1623876194040.png

Upholstery shop did a very nice job on the ACC mass backed carpet kit.
1623876444273.png

Under the tub above the bumper.View attachment 259705

We had the body shop detail out the underside of the fenders.

View attachment 259709

Upholstery shop did a nice job on the seats. Also one of the last sets of new OEM Rubi flares that I saw.

View attachment 259711

Upholstery shop did a very nice job on the ACC mass backed carpet kit.
View attachment 259712
Well no wonder he didn't want to offroad it. Those pics really help show the details, even the steering wheel.

The more you look, the better this one gets. That said, I'm looking away now. Really, I'm looking away! :love:

That’s a dream Jeep for sure, I’d want to take it off-road because it’s so capable, but I’d have a hard time doing it.

Reactions: MaximusLJR06
The more you look, the better this one gets. That said, I'm looking away now. Really, I'm looking away! :love:
A lot of the stuff won't be noticed. The doors were completely stripped down and painted completely. The hard top was painted. The NEW OEM hood was painted since the original had someone park their ass on it and put some dents in it. We took another year specific grill and stripped it down with paint stripper so keep the factory galvanizing intact. That also let us keep it drivable to get it on and off the trailer. Then the new painted grill was swapped on.

1623934657950.png

All of the armor and bumpers were sandblasted and powder coated. The parts that got paint color matched were powder coat primed.

1623934825195.png

1623934911638.png

It's sounding like this dude gave you free reign to build your dream street/trail rig. Definitely an eye for details on it.

Go big or go home, right?

It's sounding like this dude gave you free reign to build your dream street/trail rig. Definitely an eye for details on it.

Go big or go home, right?
It isn't my dream rig at all. My attention to detail is just the way I do things when I'm allowed to do so.
Did you know if you scrub the front fender mud skirts with a good cleaner degreaser and shoot them with SEM Color Coat in Landau Black they come out looking new?

1623937119529.png

All the exterior plastic bits were painted with SEM as well.

1623937188194.png

New OEM mirrors, new KC head lights, new hood latches, New OEM door latches, exterior door handles, interior door handles, new OEM marker lights and turn signals. New winch, new synthetic line, etc.

There's 10 grand just in parts uninstalled in the below pic not including paint work or labor.

1623937343152.png

@mrblaine what paint do you use for the frame and other black undercarriage components?

I am going through the build thread on this rig from a few years ago and that paint looks great after you welded in the new shock towers. What prep do you perform on frame sections that haven't been ground to bare metal?

@mrblaine what paint do you use for the frame and other black undercarriage components?

I am going through the build thread on this rig from a few years ago and that paint looks great after you welded in the new shock towers. What prep do you perform on frame sections that haven't been ground to bare metal?
Krylon Rust Tough Semi-Flat

$47k usd.... hahah good luck! Blows my mind what some people want for their jeeps down south. Even if "Blaine" built it, it is still a 15 year old Jeep.

This was a world class build. Spider track axles, V8, coilovers, Atlas, PSC hydro assist, full custom cage and so much more..$34k usd my buddy sold for and bought a custom Car built by LetzRoll Offroad

View attachment 259640
Damn, Andrew (LetzRoll) is selling cars up in Canada???

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.