2005 LJ throttle hesitation / stall when warm

Thanks for the suggestion! After looking at it on my scanner, TPS operation appears normal. ~13% at idle, smooth curve up to about 78% fully open.

I mean....hook up a OBD reader and see what it's reading when warm and running. See if the computer is reporting a signal from the coolant temp sensor.

Thanks for the clarification - the coolant temp sensor is reporting the above readings at operating temp thru my scanner. OBDII scanner reads about 210 degrees on average when warm.

The PCM drives the gauge, so the sensor is working if the gauge is working. The gauge is damped somewhat from the real time fluctuations.

Well, for any that may still be following along, I received a new stainless steel fuel line (frame to rail) from DeadJeeps. After install, I am grateful to report this as solved. At least mostly! The old line definitely needed to be replaced as it had a very pronounced kink in the hard steel line. The jeep can still enter a bit of a precarious idle condition, especially in reverse or when feathering the throttle, but after the new fuel line and PCM in particular it recovers from this much easier and quicker. It is also much harder to replicate this condition now than it was before.

My guess is the kink in the fuel delivery line was keeping the fuel rail from adjusting pressure in time with engine needs, precipitating a feedback loop and stall. The PCM was likely the cherry on top.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback in getting this done, now on to the other hundred projects that need completing!

Reactions: Link