2006 Jeep LJ build thread

I'll send you a picture of mine this weekend. I went Bedrug up front and Bedtred in back like a Mullet. ;-)
Nice! I considered that. I decided to go bed tred all the way. Not as thick but dog hair can't stick to it haha. Also I think it's light enough to not be to got on my dogs feet. Wasn't a bad install but just a warning. The rear sucks compared to the front lol. Also it's a lot easier to install the front of you remove the console.

Good luck on the install!

Reactions: VirtualRussel
Your install tips are on point. Even the Bedrug was easier to install up front with the console removed.

For the Bedtred in the back that was a bear getting the left side to slide up under the wires running under the lip. It was also a pain to get the sections cut just right around the rear seat brackets.

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Your install tips are on point. Even the Bedrug was easier to install up front with the console removed.

For the Bedtred in the back that was a bear getting the left side to slide up under the wires running under the lip. It was also a pain to get the sections cut just right around the rear seat brackets.
Overall. Take your time haha. What's the saying? Measure twice and cut once? Go with that lol.

View attachment 16269 Just picked up some Rubicon Express sway bar disconnects. These things are beefy but a pain to install. How does everyone tie up their links? I was going to use the pin (left side of the photo) that the kit included but for these to tie up right I'd have to re adjust them. Not quite sure I want to do that every single time.

Shouldn't be like that. When I was running JKS disconnects (before I wised up and got a Currie Antirock), I used the mounts to hang them on when they were disconnected. I never once had to re-adjust the disconnects, they always just effortlessly went on the mounts. Yours should be the same.

Shouldn't be like that. When I was running JKS disconnects (before I wised up and got a Currie Antirock), I used the mounts to hang them on when they were disconnected. I never once had to re-adjust the disconnects, they always just effortlessly went on the mounts. Yours should be the same.
My thoughts too. I'm going to see if I can test them out this weekend and see if it's just an optical illusion or something lol.

Reactions: Chris
Not the best photos but enough for you to get the picture. Maybe I'll get some more sometime soon with the top off. This may be one of my favorite features of this LJ now! I also just ordered a set of factory floor mats for the front floor boards and behind the front seats. I sold my last set with my old jeep and have regretted it ever since.

Also in the instructions it is recommended that you put on the floor mat locks but I can't decide if I'm ready to cut out any of the front mats for them though. Guess it just depends on how much the mats slide.
IMG_5409.JPG
IMG_5410.JPG
IMG_5411.JPG
IMG_5412.JPG
IMG_5413.JPG
IMG_5414.JPG
IMG_5415.JPG
IMG_5416.JPG

Looks good. I considered the Tred but didn't like the way stuff slides all over the bed liner in my Silverado and figured it would be the same way so I went with the Bed Rug kit.

Looks good. I considered the Tred but didn't like the way stuff slides all over the bed liner in my Silverado and figured it would be the same way so I went with the Bed Rug kit.
That makes since to me. I'm sure it will wear down over time and we could potentially have that problem. I did notice that the bedrug has more foam cushioning than the tred which could be a big factor for someone. If we lived in a colder state I might have considered the bedrug for thicker insulation.

I thought having a boxer with short hair would be easier to clean than a dog with long hair. Figured out I was wrong pretty quick. We have the trim to fit bed rug mat in our Jeepster and dog hair sticks to it like the factory carpet. Hey big factor in us getting the bed tred is that dog hair will not stick to it which will make it much easier to clean out.

Forgot to snag a pic of the LJ with the flag on the back. We have two flag pole holders that fit into our receiver hitch and it's adjustable so it will clear the LJ spare tire. Took the LJ and the Jeepster out this last weekend for Memorial Day. Lots of thumbs up! Glad I live in this great country where I can freely fly my flag and pursue my happiness! Always remember and never forget! Also picked up a back the blue receiver hitch cover for the LJ.

Reactions: LeePTI