SOLD 2006 Rubicon Low Miles and all stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicknstang

2006 Rubicon TJ. Red with black soft top and black interior. low mileage (80k), all original, unmolested Rubicon. This is my mother-in-laws Jeep. They bought it new so it's one owner, no accidents. Never been in mud. The most off-roading it's done is driving on the beach in OBX during summer vacations. Everything works on it, including the locking differentials. Was always dealer serviced up until about 4 years ago when I started working on it. I can produce all service receipts for work I've done to it and there are a few dealer receipts in the glovebox. It's got brand new BFG A/T KOs on it. All fluids have been done, all filters, plugs, belt, new swaybar links, new steering stabilizer, all new brakes front and rear. New battery this summer. Just passed VA safety inspection. Probably a couple other things I'm forgetting. Just had it completely detailed. Only issue is it leaves a drop or two of oil when parked. In-laws weren't concerned enough to have it repaired. I think it's either oil pan or rear main seal. Clean and clear title in hand Ready to go! Asking $15,500 obo.
VIN: 1J4FA69SX6P785152

980DAC49-2D0E-4BED-8BC6-1F2E2BDFB218.jpeg

2F4F17D5-535B-4BBB-99FA-567A0AD368FE.jpeg

BA10598A-7FDB-48DB-9852-A61426C387BC.jpeg

24748450-2314-464C-B4B6-41A9F0FD13C3.jpeg

9C1A03E6-441F-4C73-8A45-88183C2C8AFF.jpeg

F8D9562B-A47C-4D20-892C-DD24EDFE9D1B.jpeg

B806EEEF-71A5-427B-A5B5-99EDE5321C55.jpeg

1C2EA1DE-125A-46EC-AEDE-AAF579E803B1.jpeg

3BCEF7D6-AFC5-48D2-AE7C-EF1644489249.jpeg

639F3FE8-A236-43F2-868E-ECCA453657D2.jpeg

B42A2D8C-0C51-4CB0-A168-C9458971BCE8.jpeg

976A29E7-AE24-4B42-A469-8021D6EF447D.jpeg

76B57FB1-C91A-40F1-8C32-FEE134FADFDE.jpeg

32202F31-5550-4285-995E-38880ED616DE.jpeg

EC22CF47-93D0-4B75-9556-235653430C16.jpeg

D9DFB9B5-8885-4802-BA95-B9224101E85B.jpeg

2F3E3F1B-A9C4-4DC0-B4B4-B8BA3A55AF70.jpeg

F3DFD253-A0B6-41A7-9E56-9125EB21AB2C.jpeg

A7DFF64F-066B-4742-A003-03C68C2FEC01.jpeg

958548CE-B286-4E79-BBDA-A52D146F1E32.jpeg

ADA5AA50-4606-4BCA-8706-F3460884ACEF.jpeg

Last edited:
NOT TOO FAST. They did a good TLC and I give them that, but look closely inside the engine bay....
Radiator frame and bolts are rusted
Hose clips are rusted (should be silvery color)
CAI clips are rusted (should be silvery color)
Some hex head bolts are rusted
Inside center console plastic is worn
Passenger seat is stained

These items I mentioned are the extreme opposite condition of the outside which is very clean and shiny.
I bet if you lift the carpet on the drivers side you will see some trace of rust on the tub flooring.

With that said, it's worth around $12K IMHO. Less $1,000 because it is a soft top if you are good in negotiating.

I am not so sure the seat is stained if you look at the driver seat pic it has the same look, I think it is flash and or lighting issue, if surface rust on bolt tops and clamps is the worst to find then we could eliminate 99% of any TJ out there. I will wait till frame pics show up for final judgement, soft top only might hurt a bit but the "asking" price is no way out of line for a single owner lower mileage rubi.

NOT TOO FAST. They did a good TLC and I give them that, but look closely inside the engine bay....
Radiator frame and bolts are rusted
Hose clips are rusted (should be silvery color)
CAI clips are rusted (should be silvery color)
Some hex head bolts are rusted
Inside center console plastic is worn
Passenger seat is stained

These items I mentioned are the extreme opposite condition of the outside which is very clean and shiny.
I bet if you lift the carpet on the drivers side you will see some trace of rust on the tub flooring.

With that said, it's worth around $12K IMHO. Less $1,000 because it is a soft top if you are good in negotiating.
You might want to review the Classified Rules and Guidelines...

Posting guidelines
If you don't agree with someone's asking price, then keep your opinion to yourself! You may not agree with what they're asking, but that doesn't give you the right to bash them or criticize their price. Any posts that criticize the sellers asking price will be deleted. Be respectful of others, this should go without saying.

Just sayin...

Lol at the “hose clamps are rusted” and the “center console plastic is worn”. It’s an 80k mile used Jeep that’s 12 years old. It has also been outside its entire life, not a garage queen. That being said the underside is pretty rust free. Just some normal surface rust on the underside of the body for a vehicle of this age in this area (northern VA). No frame rust issues. I can take some underbody pics when I get back to my shop on Monday for anyone who’s interested.

I am not so sure the seat is stained if you look at the driver seat pic it has the same look, I think it is flash and or lighting issue, if surface rust on bolt tops and clamps is the worst to find then we could eliminate 99% of any TJ out there. I will wait till frame pics show up for final judgement, soft top only might hurt a bit but the "asking" price is no way out of line for a single owner lower mileage rubi.
I was gonna say that engine bay kills mine hahaha. That’s a great price as long as the frame looks good. I think the driver seat may have a little stain, but nothing to go crazy over. Nice red rubi for sure!! GLWTS

Lol at the “hose clamps are rusted” and the “center console plastic is worn”. It’s an 80k mile used Jeep that’s 12 years old. It has also been outside its entire life, not a garage queen. That being said the underside is pretty rust free. Just some normal surface rust on the underside of the body for a vehicle of this age in this area (northern VA). No frame rust issues. I can take some underbody pics when I get back to my shop on Monday for anyone who’s interested.
I would take and post the undercarriage pics when you can, there are quite a few people that join this forum at first just to find a good TJ...especially a Rubi!

Clean Jeep. Wish I was in the market...Thanks for posting...My favorite color

Posting guidelines
If you don't agree with someone's asking price, then keep your opinion to yourself! You may not agree with what they're asking, but that doesn't give you the right to bash them or criticize their price. Any posts that criticize the sellers asking price will be deleted. Be respectful of others, this should go without saying.

Just sayin...

X2 to this. Don’t knock someone in regards to their asking price. They can ask whatever they want, and we shouldn’t be here to pick apart their vehicle. If a buyer wants to do that in private or in person, that’s okay, but everyone should be allowed to sell their TJ for whatever asking price they want, without having to worry about people picking it apart.

Just keep it clean, that’s all.

The OP did say “obo”, so keep that in mind.

As someone that has looked around for a Rubi for a while, if this red rubi was a manual, I would be kicking myself. I think the price is pretty good. I will have WAY more than that in mine and it isn't much different. It should sell if you market it. GLWS.

Hey I am on your side trying to be very careful on this one. :) that's how I care bro!

Posting guidelines

Just sayin...
I am on your side on this one bro. But in my experience is that buying a car is not like talking to a lady best friend.
I am always suspicious if the outside is in mint condition and the inside has trace of rust.

This is my personal experience: I always power wash my jeep underside chassis and the engine bay at the same time. >>>> The hose clips, CAI clips and radiator panel and bolts has still with their silvery colors !!!

It's all good. I think the best thing is to get some more pics from @Kicknstang underneath. Then we'd be able to tell more. He obviously posted it on here because the folks here are TJ enthusiasts. That implies we know more about TJ's than the average person.

Reactions: skrelnik
Updated first post with underbody pictures! I tried the other day and it was giving me error messages for some reason. Seemed to work this time though.

Updated first post with underbody pictures! I tried the other day and it was giving me error messages for some reason. Seemed to work this time though.

Looks very nice! If it was a manual and I was still looking I would just buy it. I am spending way more on mine. Yours has more miles, but looks very clean and less to do. Nice Rubi. I would stick to your price and it should sell. Can't imagine why it wouldn't.

Reactions: Kicknstang
Status
Not open for further replies.