2018 Jeep

Don't pay too much attention, or form an opinion, from these "spy" shots. I worked in the auto industry and lived in southeastern Mich for many years. Seeing disguised vehicles was a somewhat common thing. It can be very difficult to really determine how the Jeep will look even if you walked right up to it in a parking lot.

There is a whole industry dedicated to putting camo on future models. These vehicle specific packages included foam bolsters under the vinyl to disguise the lines of the vehicle. The camo is quite effective but can be a major PITA to deal with when working on the vehicle.

I saw this earlier today. I don't know what it will look like, but I'm not as fond of the JK lines as I am the TJ lines.

I don't like that the windows and doors all have squared edges on the JK. I also don't like the monster fender flares on the front of the JK either.

I'm very curious to see what it will look like, but my money says that it will look a lot like the JK, just with a few subtle tweaks.

I still love my TJ... Thank god for TJs!

I saw this earlier today. I don't know what it will look like, but I'm not as fond of the JK lines as I am the TJ lines.

I don't like that the windows and doors all have squared edges on the JK. I also don't like the monster fender flares on the front of the JK either.

I'm very curious to see what it will look like, but my money says that it will look a lot like the JK, just with a few subtle tweaks.

I still love my TJ... Thank god for TJs!

I don't think removing any 'foam bolsters' is going to improve the looks of that vehicle. I owned two JKs for 7 years total, and I never got over how strange those front flares looked.

I don't think removing any 'foam bolsters' is going to improve the looks of that vehicle. I owned two JKs for 7 years total, and I never got over how strange those front flares looked.

Yeah, I agree. Those front flares just don't look right being as huge as they are.

The only thing I think I like at all about the JK is how the turn signals are round and built into the grill.

Reactions: FTI76
Don't pay too much attention, or form an opinion, from these "spy" shots. I worked in the auto industry and lived in southeastern Mich for many years. Seeing disguised vehicles was a somewhat common thing. It can be very difficult to really determine how the Jeep will look even if you walked right up to it in a parking lot.

Being just a general fan of anything automotive related makes living in Detroit metro a blast. Especially once the weather turns nicer and all of the classics start coming out for all of the car shows and, especially, the weeks leading up to the Dream Cruise.

I will vouch for your statement though, while I love seeing the prototypes out and about and chasing them down whenever I get a chance, there are times I've walked up to one of them in a parking lot and still can't figure out what it is let alone which manufacturer made it. The teams behind those camo panels are great at what they do.

Reactions: Chris
There's a good chance the windshield will be even more raked than it is on the JK. Increasing MPG is a big priority for the JL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think those mirrors are big enough! Almost as big as a mailbox they better have some Infrared night vision stuff in there!!