1.75” Rubicon Express Economy lift and 265/75 r15 tires...or 31x10.5x15

4A317C26-F068-4A8A-8C62-295C2F4527C6.jpeg

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
Day I bought my ‘06 TJ SE.
1.75” Rubicon Express Economy lift and 265/75 r15 tires...or 31x10.5x15

View attachment 65754
Nice TJ! The first thing I did to my TJR was put a Zone 1.75 BB with Rancho 5000X shocks, and it was a great way to lift inexpensively and to tell the truth, rode very much like the OME suspension on there now...could've saved a wad of cash by sticking with the BB...

Reactions: Don Ashcraft

Jay P

TJ Enthusiast
I’m not finding a lot of love for Zone lifts. But I’m new to lifts in general.

I heard they start to sag eventually. I once read a review by someone on here that had a Zone Combo lift. He liked it at first but over time it gave him issues. Can’t remember who it was at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Ashcraft

TJ Enthusiast
Nice TJ! The first thing I did to my TJR was put a Zone 1.75 BB with Rancho 5000X shocks, and it was a great way to lift inexpensively and to tell the truth, rode very much like the OME suspension on there now...could've saved a wad of cash by sticking with the BB...

Thanks!

JeepyDude

Don,

Do you know which Rancho 5000x shocks you ran with the 1.75"BB? I'm getting a 1.75"BB (already have a 1.25" BL) and since that height is sort of in the middle, I'm trying to decide between the Ranchos made for a 0-2" lift or the next size up made for a 2-3" lift (Rancho website actually says they're for no lift or for a 2.5" lift... Amazon seller is listing the ranges listed above). Thanks!

JeepyDude

Don,

Do you know which Rancho 5000x shocks you ran with the 1.75"BB? I'm getting a 1.75"BB (already have a 1.25" BL) and since that height is sort of in the middle, I'm trying to decide between the Ranchos made for a 0-2" lift or the next size up made for a 2-3" lift (Rancho website actually says they're for no lift or for a 2.5" lift... Amazon seller is listing the ranges listed above). Thanks!

Meant glwood, not Don...

JeepyDude

:)

Rancho RS55239 & RS55241
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I was leaning toward those, mainly to leave me some flexibility to increase the lift a little in the future without having to replace the shocks again. And you didn't have any issues with them being too long? Did you need extended bump stops? I'm planning to be mainly using this on the street and my understanding is that the BL lift should help a little bit but just want to be careful to avoid having to return parts or not having parts (extended bump stops) on hand while everything is apart. Thanks again

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I was leaning toward those, mainly to leave me some flexibility to increase the lift a little in the future without having to replace the shocks again. And you didn't have any issues with them being too long? Did you need extended bump stops? I'm planning to be mainly using this on the street and my understanding is that the BL lift should help a little bit but just want to be careful to avoid having to return parts or not having parts (extended bump stops) on hand while everything is apart. Thanks again
I never had any issues, and did not have extended bump stops until I put on the OME lift.