31's or 32's, can't decide

I like my 245/75R16 when the jeep is sitting by itself
View attachment 13349

...but when its sitting next to a lifted TJ...makes me wanna :crybaby2: Even the grand is bigger!
View attachment 13348
True, that- lift envy...my whole issue is that I have the OME lift, and was trying to decide which size tire would look better. Sure do like the 32's, though, and am working on a solution that won't cost an arm and a leg to make it just right...

32's are just right on a TJ in my opinion.
I agree. When you look at the right hand photo in post #1, it's hard to argue that it doesn't look great, and I am sure it's more than enough lift and tire for what most TJ owners encounter off-road.

I prefer 31's for performance and looks. It's a pretty good size to handle most trails that a stock/mildly lifted rig can get through. I've been running 31's on all my jeeps for a while now. This is my current setup with 31's and a 1" suspension lift.

topless_zpsoqf9q6tb.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI and Rob5589
I prefer 31's for performance and looks. It's a pretty good size to handle most trails that a stock/mildly lifted rig can get through. I've been running 31's on all my jeeps for a while now. This is my current setup with 31's and a 1" suspension lift.

View attachment 13369
If I had a 4-banger, I would never have started this thread. 31's would be the holy grail of the SE.

The only reason I would stick with the 32" setup is because I would want to add a 1" body lift. The only reason I would want to add a body lift is so that I could tuck the transfer case. It annoys me the transfer case hangs so low on our TJs. On JKs it's completely flush, which looks a lot better and doesn't shovel up all the mud.

That's just me personally. If it wasn't for the body lift though, I would keep the 31" tires.
I have an 01 tj with a 2 inch procomp suspension lift and im running 31's right now. I don't know what to do right now because i want to run bigger tires for looks but do not want to compromise my off-road capability. At this point I cant swing wheels so im stuck with my stock tj wheels but i would like some advice on what to do. And if i were to move up to a 3 1250 what would i need to do.

My Rubi has 285s Wildpeaks AT 3s. They are listed at 32.5” and Moab rims. I like the look of 33”s on a TJ too. These tires are really good driving with the gears and the five speed. For me. I remember stock 31”s, with 4.10 I’d never use first gear was too low for me, and any daily driving.

I’m wanting to maybe go 295s, or MTs, but afraid of losing performance.