35 x 12.5 tires

Louis Testa

I want to put 35x12.5 on my TJ. I have 31x10.5 on it now, no lift of any kind. I was wondering if you guys can help me figure out the best type,LA or SA, height and combo, suspension and body, to not rub and look it's best. Here's a pic of how it looks now
20160502_171932_012.jpg

Thank you glwood for info. I would like to add that my jeep is my baby, I don't take it off road anymore. Since I had it painted and added bumpers, new lights, flares, rhino lined the inside, etc. So basically I'm looking to lift for looks only. There will be no abuse done to it. I'm looking for something that will ride about the same as stock. I'm planning on, I think a 4" lift and a 1" body lift.

2.5 inch suspension lift with a 1.25 inch body lift fits 33x12.5r15 nicely, which is what I am running. The 5 inches of lift you are planning would be more than enough. I suspect achieving the desired ride quality would depend largely on the shocks and coils you select. I went with OME and I am very pleased.

I just reread the topic and you were asking about 35's NOT 33's so my response was not helpful at all. Sorry, but enjoy the pic anyway... :)

2018-06-27 08.28.01.jpg

Last edited:
Most people on the forum would recommend Currie or Metalcloak for a quality 4" lift, which ultimately comes down to whether you want to invest in the duroflex bushing or Johnny joint....

to do 35s right, you need a serious amount of cash. @Chris did the math, and a proper set up will set you back about $5,000... this would be a good read in addition to the one above:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/so-you-want-to-run-35-tires-on-your-tj.2428/

Most people on the forum would recommend Currie or Metalcloak for a quality 4" lift, which ultimately comes down to whether you want to invest in the duroflex bushing or Johnny joint....

to do 35s right, you need a serious amount of cash. @Chris did the math, and a proper set up will set you back about $5,000... this would be a good read in addition to the one above:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/so-you-want-to-run-35-tires-on-your-tj.2428/
That figure seems about right. Sucks seeing it in black and white tho! Lol

Reactions: Louis Testa
Hi @Louis Testa
Welcome to the forum.

Since this is your “Baby” my sugestion will be DPG offroad Old man Emu ultimate lift kit with the sugested twicks from Dirk. This on my opinion will help you to get more quick results on a maybe three shoping stops.

As sugested by @2006TJ1 , this tread will gave you an idea. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/so-you-want-to-run-35-tires-on-your-tj.2428/
Perhaps I will add the steering gear box upgrade to this list. (Currently collecting info to sent to @Chris for upgrade porpoises) Late model TJ steering box are not 35” tire friendly and the only cure cost is 900+ depending how deep you wants to go.

Fitment of 35” tires on a TJ is and agresive goal, not imposible but no walk on the park either.
My biggest suggestion, do your homework very well, if results no yield comfortable results the proper fix will be start over from 0.

Good luck!!

My jeep didn't go off road anymore, I got it with 5k miles and now 216k. I did my off roading, now it's just a very nice weather driver. It's in the garage most of the time. So yeah it would just be for looks and rideability. As soon as I finish this project I start on my dream project. AMC V8 jeep, so I'm trying to be responsible, money wise, but not cheap out on anything.