3rd Brake Lights? Let's Talk

Not behind the tire , but I’ve been happy with these that I made up pretty cheap and put in the two open lug lug nut holes on the spare.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/3rd-brake-lights-in-open-lug-holes-on-you-spare.15324/

I also added a little flasher to it too later on.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/adding-a-flasher-to-your-3rd-brake-light.16356/

View attachment 518139
This is what I use ^^^.

And I've added another LED strip to the upper edge of the Bestop Cargo basket. It connects in place of one of the little LEDs when I have a Trasheroo mounted covering the wheel.

2023-0722 TJ Cargo Lights 02.jpg

I'm actually a fan of the pie-plate rings behind/inside the spare.
I have them on both of our Jeeps.
On the TJ, it replaced the ET-looking 3rd brake light, and on the JKU it is in addition to the factory 3rd light.
I also mounted a pair of inexpensive, white LED pod-type lights on the underside of the rear bumper of the TJ and tied them into the reverse light circuit.
For additional reverse lights on the JKU, i tied the lights that came in the rear bumper to a 3-way switch on the A-pillar. One direction illuminates the lights at will, center is off, and the 3rd position ties the lights to the reverse circuit.

Lets just say that our jeeps can be seen stopping, and I can see when backing up.

I literally just ordered a new LED taillight for the Harley that flashes, which gives me an idea about these 3rd brake lights...

This is what was going to suggest. Disappointed they don’t offer the mounting plate anymore. But the led, housing and harness are top notch.

oh dang, your right, everywhere I look it says "discontinued". Well that sucks, it is a great little replacement.

oh dang, your right, everywhere I look it says "discontinued". Well that sucks, it is a great little replacement.

I just used some aluminum angle and some self-tappers to make a bracket. I’ll weld something up for the permanent fix, but it’s good enough for now. Because the light is still legit.

Most will probably see this in the "What Did You Do to Your TJ Today" post, but if someone is searching...

I also swapped out the Rugged Ridge 3rd brake light ring with a spare Feniex light. I was scrolling through their directions and it had a "Brake Pop" flash pattern. Basically it flashes once then goes full bright steady on. I do have a taller bracket coming for it to move it up more in the wheel opening.

20240415_130820.jpg

20240415_130824.jpg

20240415_131114.jpg