5.3 LS swapped TJ

I wish Barnes4x4 had better shipping up here... I looked at a $250 bumper and they wanted $280 in shipping:cry:

My Ideal lift height would be 6" but I've read that going up to 6" is costly and not a good idea for a daily. I did already buy the rough country 2" body lift a body lift of some kind was needed with the engine mounts a used, so currently the jeep sits on 4" two on body and two on suspension. The kit you listed is a decent price and going with 3" suspension seems like the better idea. Do you have experience with this kit personally?
Thanks for the advice

Yes 6” is to high. I have no personal experience with this lift kit. I have experience with their track bars and it’s high quality. The Jks lift kit is the most complete and best bang for your buck.
If I didn’t have the money for Currie/Rockjock I would buy the JKS. You can also look into core4x4 for control arms and pick out your choice of springs but you will still need track bars and steering.

My original plan was to go with a ford 8.8 from a pick and pull yard I've heard they can handle a lot and Barnes4WD makes a tussed weld on kit decently cheap. However I've been strongly considering instead going with a Dana 44 from another TJ because its a direct swap its just less of a hassle and the 5.3 currently sits with no power mods, later down the line with a bigger budget I might start making real power out of the 5.3 but as of now I dont see much of a reason to overcomplicate things with the 8.8
https://barnes4wd.com/products/jeep-tj-or-lj-ford-8-8-swap-kit-with-truss

I’d choose the Dana 44 because it’s bolt on. No need for truss or weld on new brackets. Save time and money

I would try to look for a forum member who lives in Washington and just drive across the border to pick up the bumper.

You can ship it to me and I'll meet you someplace on the WA side. no problem. There are a few members who live over on the westside that I'm sure would help you out also.

You can ship it to me and I'll meet you someplace on the WA side. no problem. There are a few members who live over on the westside that I'm sure would help you out also.
I would try to look for a forum member who lives in Washington and just drive across the border to pick up the bumper.
I’m not far from the border and would be willing to do it