schabj3

AC compressor clutch is not spinning. I forced it with a paper clip and just put in some refrigerant. I’m showing 30 low and 175 high. It’s about 60 degrees here.

Does anyone know what the level should be at? I changed out the fuse and relay but compressor clutch still not spinning without forcing it.

Without looking up the table, that seems a bit low but not low enough for the compressor not to kick on. Maybe a bad pressure switch?
You think maybe first try a bit more refrigerant and see if it kicks it on?

I’m not savvy with cars - where would the pressure switch be and it is pretty complex to try to fix it?

Download the FSM from the forums TJ Resources.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/
Check in Heating and Air Conditioning page 24-4; there is a chart for A/C Performance Temperature and Pressure which will provide you the info you are looking for.
Thanks. If I’m reading correct, the low should be between 26 and 35?

5B55B441-EEBF-4636-B02B-99CA9E8602A3.jpeg

That means that the switch or electrical connection you were playing with was creating an open in the circuit which is why the clutch would not engage. Since wiggling the connection seems to have resolved the problem; then I would expect there was an oxidized terminal on the switch or connector.

So if it’s working now… what does that mean?

I've seen connectors like that where the wire has broken inside the insulation right at the connector. To look at the wire it looks fine, but the copper conductor inside the insulation may be broken. Wiggling the wire will have let the loose ends make contact for a while.
Pull on the individual wires. If the copper is broken inside the insulation will stretch, if the copper is okay, it won't stretch.