A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

This should be good! Every time I have to fix an issue the springs caused I think about the classic 2.5 inch lift and 31s...

Didn't have a lot of time, so I did something simple. Removed the beat to crap front bumper, which was also missing the tow hooks.
e4LVfgb.jpg

Discovered a wiring bird nest under the sway bar cover
RpqzSsc.jpg

Cleaned everything up
EEOgDHp.jpg

And put it all back together
EPaA9TK.jpg

I have another bumper I'll be running, but this was something I had on the shelf. It will do until I'm ready to install the winch bumper.

Didn't have a lot of time, so I did something simple. Removed the beat to crap front bumper, which was also missing the tow hooks.
View attachment 216077

Discovered a wiring bird nest under the sway bar cover
View attachment 216078

Cleaned everything up
View attachment 216079

And put it all back together
View attachment 216080

I have another bumper I'll be running, but this was something I had on the shelf. It will do until I'm ready to install the winch bumper.
Even though no-one will see it, it's nice to know it's done!

Reactions: Irun
View attachment 215867
View attachment 215868

It's something they made for a short while and I've never seen another one. The only thing I don't like about it is it sticks out a little further, due to the V shape. That said, it's still a nice looking bumper. I'm going to mount it up again and see if the Antirock will fit. It's been a while since I test fit it, so I don't remember if that was an issue.
They jumped on the aluminum bandwagon to be like the cool kids and found out the hard way that working with aluminum is not as simple as just converting steel part designs into aluminum products via simple material substitution. The only way you can do those tight bends is in a 5000 series or similar alloy. That means they are about half as strong as 6061 T6. Not something you want for a bumper that might see rocks. They advertised it as 6061 T6 and there is not anyway possible with those bends. Well, there is a way but no one does it and they didn't either since the rocks proved otherwise.

Reactions: Irun
Received the Yukon Gear & Axle (YA WU-07) Spin Free Locking Hub Conversion Kit. I'm not sure if I violated my theme for the build already. The Yukon kit weighed in at 75lbs!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0078UA000/?tag=wranglerorg-20
You likely only added a small amount to each side. The difference will what a unit bearing weighs versus the bearings, wheel hub, hub lock, and spindle. I'm going to guess sub 5 pounds per side.

Reactions: Irun and Sj's TJ
They jumped on the aluminum bandwagon to be like the cool kids and found out the hard way that working with aluminum is not as simple as just converting steel part designs into aluminum products via simple material substitution. The only way you can do those tight bends is in a 5000 series or similar alloy. That means they are about half as strong as 6061 T6. Not something you want for a bumper that might see rocks. They advertised it as 6061 T6 and there is not anyway possible with those bends. Well, there is a way but no one does it and they didn't either since the rocks proved otherwise.
Ive had my eye on an aluminum bumper...so would the UCF aluminum bumpers get your approval? If they are a flat front aluminum bumper is it safe to assume they are made from 6061 T6 aluminum?

Ive had my eye on an aluminum bumper...so would the UCF aluminum bumpers get your approval? If they are a flat front aluminum bumper is it safe to assume they are made from 6061 T6 aluminum?
Has nothing to do with the shape. Has only to do with the minimum bend radius. 6061 T6 in 3/16" thickness has a minimum bend radius of 5/8" or 1 1/4" diameter. That means the top punch has to be at least that diameter or radius or the material will crack. Even then it has to be bent across the grain or it will crack.

FYI, I don't approve anything. I just give answers to objective questions.

Reactions: Chris and jazngab