A TJ sized camper

I'll have to check it out this evening!!! I'm minutes away from having my diesel swap running for the first time!!!

I would imagine that would be factor but it might also be a great time to look into a diesel swap, more torque, longer range :whistle:

-Grant
Maybe someday. For now I'll have to settle for watching you compete yours.

I’ve seen it done in Alaska. But I am not sure what the advantage is. You’re still going to need a truck to tow it.
So you can tow it with your TJ or Subaru to where you plan to camp. Unhook and then (with a TJ) go explore the area trails, or (with a Subaru) enjoy some fresh air as you eat your vegan meal with your labra-doodal.

• Haha
Reactions: BugoutJeep
Jerry,
Have you thought about an air ratchet? I think you have OBA, not sure if your set up would supply enough to make it work but it just came to mind.

So you can tow it with your TJ or Subaru to where you plan to camp. Unhook and then (with a TJ) go explore the area trails, or (with a Subaru) enjoy some fresh air as you eat your vegan meal with your labra-doodal.

I doubt you could tow a slide-in camper on a trailer with a TJ or a Subaru. Mine weighs over 4000 lbs loaded and it is a relatively light one (no slide-out, no A/C, no generator).

I still like this little tow behind :)

trailer.jpg

Jerry,
Have you thought about an air ratchet? I think you have OBA, not sure if your set up would supply enough to make it work but it just came to mind.
I have a bunch of air tools that I tried, none worked well enough in all regards to use for the job. One kinda worked but it would have sucked too much CO2 out of my tank during the job to even consider it. The only non-CO2 OBA systems that could produce the CFM needed to run one are terribly expensive or something like a Sanden or York a/c compressor converted for OBA use like I had in my previous TJ. I'm not converting my Sanden for OBA use and it'd be too expensive (due to the current mounting bracket's insane cost) to install another York like I did in my previous TJ. I'll either continue using the crank or splurge on a big high-end battery powered 2-speed 3/8" drill.

Reactions: Paparock1
If memory serves me right my bookkeeper (wife) said all totaled about $1650.
Not cheap but it was exactly what we wanted.
I don't think that is unreasonable at all. In fact I kind of want to do it just to do it, but I already have 3 trailers now.

I'm curious about how much range you lose when towing. My 4.0 with a 5 speed normally gets 215-230 miles per tank. What are you guys with teardrops and other trailers seeing compared with your normal range?

According to google, I made it 241 miles with my teardrop on a single tank today. I would bet there's still a gallon/2 left in the tank, but not much
All interstate, 65-70mph. cruise set
I really wasn't babying it, or drafting

06, 4.0, 6spd, intake/exhaust/tune, 35s, 4in lift.
5th gear, 6th is useless until I regear.

Reactions: Jpodell
Here's what I wanted ever since I got my 1st wrangler (sep 13, 1996). Just picked one up a few years ago. Made by Tentrax

View attachment 145043

View attachment 145044
Have you seen the new Trax Kitchen Tentrax is about to release? Bolts to the tongue; includes a fridge, sink with running water and lots of counter space... https://www.tentrax.com/new

Proto1b_zpsg7pwprg2.jpg

Stowed; the enclosure is weather tight:

Proto1c_zpsb5mpwvnt.jpg

It's designed to bolt to the tongues of most trailers, but easily bolts to existing holes in the Tentrax tongue.

Have you seen the new Trax Kitchen Tentrax is about to release? Bolts to the tongue; includes a fridge, sink with running water and lots of counter space... https://www.tentrax.com/new

View attachment 145048

Stowed; the enclosure is weather tight:

View attachment 145049

It's designed to bolt to the tongues of most trailers, but easily bolt to existing holes in the Tentrax tongue.

yep, it's nice. The new owners of Tentrax are doing a nice job of carrying the line forward, offering product that can be retro - fitted to existing units, and making sensible changes. The existing design as well as updated design can still easily be taken over the Rubicon Trail with confidence. Here's a link to my solo Rubicon adventure with the Tentrax in 2018 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-nPjm_qgOOnG8BdL1nqHg?view_as=subscriber Exciting times!

I doubt you could tow a slide-in camper on a trailer with a TJ or a Subaru. Mine weighs over 4000 lbs loaded and it is a relatively light one (no slide-out, no A/C, no generator).
Holy 💩! How could they get it that heavy? My thought was with my bad sciatic I need something low to get into, while still full height. And the older slide-ins are very affordable around my area. I'm due for a good idea.🤬 Actually way over due.

Reactions: BugoutJeep