Advice on double DiN

If that head unit is a standard double DIN size then it should fit. I installed a simliar double DIN Sony unit last year and used that same dash kit. Like @Leroy_TJ said, Crutchfield is a great resource, they might even be able to ship to you in AU. Checkout their website, if they sell that Pioneer unit you'll be able to verify for sure that it fits with that dash adapter.

As said before give Crutchfield's website a look to see if it will fit. I just installed a Kenwood double din in my 06. Used Metra install kit from Crutchfield..

Crutchfield also started making install harnesses with the right connectors on either end so you can just plug your new head unit right into your vehicle which is nice.

Yes, it will fit as long as you get that double DIN bezel in the second link.

I used the same Metra dash kit a few months ago. Mine was the 03-06 part, but its pretty much the same.
It fits a double din perfectly. The dash kit is pretty good quality also.

19.jpg

I just did my 97 with a Boss double din unit and that Metra bezel. Fit's fine. Read the instructions and double check your cuts before you cut. It comes with shims for the AC controls to bring them out flush. Make sure you get the linked wiring harnesses so you don't have to cut existing wiring. You will also need the antenna extension which may be the wrong one (that they link to). Mine was wrong and had to reorder separately.

Hey
I just did my 97 with a Boss double din unit and that Metra bezel. Fit's fine. Read the instructions and double check your cuts before you cut. It comes with shims for the AC controls to bring them out flush. Make sure you get the linked wiring harnesses so you don't have to cut existing wiring. You will also need the antenna extension which may be the wrong one (that they link to). Mine was wrong and had to reorder separately.

I don’t think I can order from Crutchfield so can’t get the linked wiring harness :(