Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Sorry for not replying sooner. Lost interent yesterday when we got over an inch of white stuff falling out of the sky. I think it must have took out the power to something. I like helping others spend money.

Don't forget to do the mods to the York before you install it. @jjvw has some good tips in his build thread.
Will do.

The other parts should start trickling in next week.

Will do.

The other parts should start trickling in next week.

I didn't look real close but can you get a kit that keeps the V-belt instead of having to swap to a serpentine pulley & belt?

The one I'm using on my V-8 and the one I'd had on my 4 popper ran off a pulley on the alternator.

IMG00583[1].jpg

IMG00584[1].jpg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I didn't look real close but can you get a kit that keeps the V-belt instead of having to swap to a serpentine pulley & belt?

The one I'm using on my V-8 and the one I'd had on my 4 popper ran off a pulley on the alternator.

View attachment 202808

View attachment 202809
I'm just going with the ORO bracket which moves the alternator down, replaces the pulley, and provides a longer belt. It seems like a well-designed kit and takes a bunch of the guesswork out of the equation.

I have a slight concern that my airbox will be in the way since it's not in the exact OEM location due to the MC fenders but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I'm just going with the ORO bracket which moves the alternator down, replaces the pulley, and provides a longer belt. It seems like a well-designed kit and takes a bunch of the guesswork out of the equation.

I have a slight concern that my airbox will be in the way since it's not in the exact OEM location due to the MC fenders but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

It doesn't appear that they offer that option for the newer TJ's anyhow.

When I had the 4 popper I had to lose my stock air box. I had A/C stock on my TJ also.

MVC-340S.JPG

MVC-342S.JPG

I think you're headed in the right direction. Give me a week or so and I'll dig up that oil return line and drop it in the mail to you.

Reactions: JMT
Dude is it just me or do you keep checking your calendar to see how close the Moab trip is getting too?

Reactions: Alex01
All the parts for the york should be in thursday-friday so I figured I'd start on what I could. I have a feeling I'll be looking at a different air filter but maybe I'll get lucky and the oem one will fit back in place.
View attachment 204160

Might’ve missed it from earlier in the thread, but what did you do for parts? Did you order a kit? Or just the bracket and then a pump separately?

Interested to see how it goes for you since I plan on something similar in the near to medium future.

Might’ve missed it from earlier in the thread, but what did you do for parts? Did you order a kit? Or just the bracket and then a pump separately?

Interested to see how it goes for you since I plan on something similar in the near to medium future.
I got the bracket and accessories from "Off road only" and the pump was a spare @Wildman had sitting around.

I got the bracket and accessories from "Off road only" and the pump was a spare @Wildman had sitting around.

I'm glad I could help out and it got rid of one compressor. Good luck and can't wait to see how it all comes together. I'm curious to see if you can get the stock air filter back in place

I'm glad I could help out and it got rid of one compressor. Good luck and can't wait to see how it all comes together. I'm curious to see if you can get the stock air filter back in place
ORO says yes but with the stock fenders...

Too bad I can't do one of the cool windstar intakes like @jjvw. I'd never pass smog with it.

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman