Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Too bad I can't do one of the cool windstar intakes like @jjvw. I'd never pass smog with it.
you can do the Windstar intake but you'd have to be willing to spend $200 on a CARB approved hot air intake for testing purposes

we should get a pool of Californians to chip in on a "test day" intake so we can run the same intakes as free America 😆

Last edited:
Great question.

@Plumber1?
I am running a stock air box, and I was running a separate air filter for the york. But when I added my OBS I need the space so i just ran a rubber hose and connected it to the air box, so now the engine air filter does the job of both. I wish I was at my cabin and I could get pictures, but these are all I have on my computer

11_zpsaaaabd7e.jpg

10_zps8ff2e017.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

I am running a stock air box, and I was running a separate air filter for the york. But when I added my OBS I need the space so i just ran a rubber hose and connected it to the air box, so now the engine air filter does the job of both. I wish I was at my cabin and I could get pictures, but these are all I have on my computer

View attachment 204173

View attachment 204174

View attachment 204175

View attachment 204177
OBS as in Onboard Shower?

I'll probably follow suit and plumb the york into the OEM tube. My other idea was to cut a small hole into the firewall and suck air from the cowl area but that may be overthinking it. Since yours fit with aftermarket fenders I'm more hopeful now.

OBS as in Onboard Shower?

I'll probably follow suit and plumb the york into the OEM tube. My other idea was to cut a small hole into the firewall and suck air from the cowl area but that may be overthinking it. Since yours fit with aftermarket fenders I'm more hopeful now.

Yes he has a onboard shower that uses the heat for the engine to heat the water being pumped thru so you have a warm shower.

https://offroadpassport.com/forums/topic/658-obhs-on-board-hot-shower/

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/gener...;-board-unlimited-hot-water-shower-trail.html
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/on-board-hot-water-install-for-shower.385199/

Reactions: Alex01
For people who overland or have the trailer like he does this makes a lot of sense as any water supply can be turned into a shower pretty much. And even if you have a bathing suit on you can wash off most of the dust/dirt of the day.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
For people who overland or have the trailer like he does this makes a lot of sense as any water supply can be turned into a shower pretty much. And even if you have a bathing suit on you can wash off most of the dust/dirt of the day.
So it sucks water out of a river/jerrycan/etc?

Nothing I'd even need or really want for my purposes but it's cool.

So it sucks water out of a river/jerrycan/etc?

Nothing I'd even need or really want for my purposes but it's cool.

Yes has a 12V pump and can suck water out of whatever you have for a water supply.

I have ENOUGH shit going on under my hood also but it is a cool idea for those that can really use it.

Question about wiring up the york-

The pressure switch has 2 terminals. Does 1 of them take the 12v coming out of the relay then the other go to the cab for the compressor on-off switch?

Thanks

@Daryl @jjvw @Wildman ?

Question about wiring up the york-

The pressure switch has 2 terminals. Does 1 of them take the 12v coming out of the relay then the other go to the cab for the compressor on-off switch?

Thanks

@Daryl @jjvw @Wildman ?

It's an interrupter switch. I don't think it matters which side is +/-. But if it doesn't work, switch terminals.

Reactions: Alex01
It's an interrupter switch. I don't think it matters which side is +/-. Hook it up and if it doesn't work, switch terminals.
Thanks. Its ran the way I described though?

Glad I could help. Need some pictures of the install...... Hehehe I love spending others money...
HAHA. My wallet doesn't care for you much :ROFLMAO:

I still need to do all the wiring later tonight but that shouldn't take too long. The factory airbox fit with the york so I'm very happy. The only issue during the install was needing to run to home depot to pick up a slightly longer bolt for the ORO mount.

I decided to run the intake for the york out of the airbox so I picked up an additional barbed fitting, drilled a hole, and epoxied it all in place.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman