Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Thats the one I have.
20190419_200202.jpg

The photo doesn't show it well but you can see small metal shavings in person.

Does this yoke require a different style seal maybe? Doesn't make sense.
Thats what I was just researching lol.
Screenshot_20190419-202142_Chrome.jpg

Whats odd is the front didn't have an issue.

But I think you're right. Its the seal.

I ordered 3 seals. I'll change out the front/rear and have an extra.

Reactions: JMT
Did your seal show?
Showed up today. If time allows I hope to tackle it tonight. Toms jeep is currently sitting in the garage without a rear trackbar so I'll either have to do his first or mine in the driveway.

He had a jks sitting around since he bought the ultimate ome kit for the white jeep. We noticed that his oem bar was hitting the gas tank. The relocation bracket he had was like the one I have, not bent, so he had to order a jks mount to make the tb work. With any luck it will fix the problem. If not his axle will probably need to be pulled forward a hair.

Did you put some RTV around the perimeter of the seal when you installed it?
Yes I put a thin layer of rtv on the seal. No drips this morning. I took it to work today to make sure it's still noise free since I only drove it a few miles yesterday. Made it without an noises.

Oddly the front has the same metal cover over the seal but the new yoke hasn't made any noise up front even in 4 high. I'm going to work on Tom's jeep tonight and if I have time I may replace the front seal for good measure. (my jeep)

Could I just remove the metal cap covering the pinion seal and leave the old seal in place? What is the purpose of the metal cap? My dana 30/35 never had one.

I'm not sure. Maybe just a debris cover so jeep can CYA?
Everything I have read points to it being a dust cover. I'm not really concerned about running it without the cap. I never had an issue with the 30/35 and it sure beats the noise I was getting with it installed. I was convinced my gears were f*cked and even had an appointment to see the gear guy. I can't stress how happy I am that it was a $17 issue.