Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

Thanks...I will be curious to see/hear how the PRP's fit and how comfortable they are...
The brackets should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to comment on the fit portion. After Moab I should know about comfort.

Reactions: JMT
Thanks...I will be curious to see/hear how the PRP's fit and how comfortable they are...
I can tell you for certain they fit well, i have one as my drivers seat. Extremely comfortable too, ive done the Rubicon with it and drove from San Fransisco to San Diego in it earlier this week. @Alex01 great choice in seats, I love mine!

I can tell you for certain they fit well, i have one as my drivers seat. Extremely comfortable too, ive done the Rubicon with it and drove from San Fransisco to San Diego in it earlier this week. @Alex01 great choice in seats, I love mine!
Good to hear. I'm excited to test them out on the trail.

Did you get the belt/pulley situation dialed in?
I haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for reminding me though, I should probably order the smaller pulley so I have it on hand.

I believe it came with one pulley and one for the idler pulley. If I recall correctly I installed the pulley on the alternator and the other on the bracket.
Interesting. Mine came with two pulleys a 70 and a 76. I’m going to knock out the install this weekend. Hopefully without incident.

Reactions: Alex01
My idler pulley and tension pulley are both 70mm, I’m not using the 76mm so it’s yours if you want it.
My belt is really tight so I'm assuming that means I installed the 76mm instead of the 70mm. Unless it's one of those, larger number means smaller type deals.

My belt is really tight so I'm assuming that means I installed the 76mm instead of the 70mm. Unless it's one of those, larger number means smaller type deals.
I forgot yours was too tight, it appears all three of mine are the smaller 70mm, the instructions say to use the 76mm if the belt is loose.

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
Trailready 15’s?
That's likely what I'll end up in. My current plan is to wait a few more seasons until the tires on it need to be replaced. At that point I'll look at the options available to me.

Until then I'll continue searching Craigslist just incase a deal pops up / wait for @Chris to decide he no longer likes rock crawling and stock moab wheels are the best 🤭.

The current wheels do an amazing job and go down to 8psi without complaining. I'd maily benefit on snow runs where I could air down to 1 but those are few and far between. But man would they look good.