Almost bought an LJ today

Ha! Almost seems to be a theme with the LJ's

I just saw those two threads together and it struck me funny. You found a beauty there and looks in great shape. Like the color too. I looked for a year before I found Levi and although it is rust free it needed restoration but I got it cheap and I like refreshing every system to new. It will end up a real gem and I know I will enjoy it.
Happy trails Will

I just saw those two threads together and it struck me funny. You found a beauty there and looks in great shape. Like the color too. I looked for a year before I found Levi and although it is rust free it needed restoration but I got it cheap and I like refreshing every system to new. It will end up a real gem and I know I will enjoy it.
Happy trails Will

Grats man! I'm sure you will love going bumper to bumper. Not sure what mine needs. It looks really buttoned up. Mostly small stuff. As soon as we move I will dig into it, but for now I am getting to know her.

Grats man! I'm sure you will love going bumper to bumper. Not sure what mine needs. It looks really buttoned up. Mostly small stuff. As soon as we move I will dig into it, but for now I am getting to know her.

HA! HA! HA! I'm not so sure I "love" going bumper to bumper fixing everything. Maybe when I was younger. I did the interior but I hired out the control arms and springs to shops with lifts. I will refurbish the u-joints and repaint the underside to like new look but any heavy lifting will be farmed out. I know how and have restored many classics in the past but my personal 72 year old frame saids NO!
I could have looked around , spent the money up front and bought a really great Jeep like you found but I wanted it unique to my taste , different and I guess this was the best way. And it is a little fun seeing it come together , taking a neglected but good little Jeep and giving it a new lease on life. I think "Levi' is going to be a cool little Jeep and I don't give a crap if no one else likes it , it will put a smile on my face and I will have fun with it and so far I have had many compliments on it and it's far from looking as good as it will.
Enjoy your great find .... Will
1662305957764.png

1662306001741.png

1662306076609.png

Last edited:
Reactions: cheechahumma
HA! HA! HA! I'm not so sure I "love" going bumper to bumper fixing everything. Maybe when I was younger. I did the interior but I hired out the control arms and springs to shops with lifts. I will refurbish the u-joints and repaint the underside to like new look but any heavy lifting will be farmed out. I know how and have restored many classics in the past but my personal 72 year old frame saids NO!
I could have looked around , spent the money up front and bought a really great Jeep like you found but I wanted it unique to my taste , different and I guess this was the best way. And it is a little fun seeing it come together , taking a neglected but good little Jeep and giving it a new lease on life. I think "Levi' is going to be a cool little Jeep and I don't give a crap if no one else likes it , it will put a smile on my face and I will have fun with it and so far I have had many compliments on it and it's far from looking as good as it will.
Enjoy your great find .... Will
View attachment 356961

View attachment 356962

View attachment 356963

Nice! You gotta do you, it's yours not someone else's...
Haha, you have me by a couple of years, I'm in that stubborn tween stage, want to learn doing, but there are some things I have no problem farming out. We move starting the 10th, only a few miles away, but I won't have my work space until then so the hard top is still firmly place. Still need to air out the mothball smell!

Nice! You gotta do you, it's yours not someone else's...
Haha, you have me by a couple of years, I'm in that stubborn tween stage, want to learn doing, but there are some things I have no problem farming out. We move starting the 10th, only a few miles away, but I won't have my work space until then so the hard top is still firmly place. Still need to air out the mothball smell!

Here is what I recommend for that musky smell you must have inside. I know its a lot of work but take that interior out and wipe the metal all down with denatured alcohol and shampoo the carpet let dry in the sun. scrub the seats and I bet it will smell nice. Mold is not good to breath either.

Well, we almost scored our first LJ on Saturday. We were on our way down to Huntsville, was 10 min away and then it sold. Good price, 04 stock southern Jeep, with under 100K mi. The mood was deflated for the drive back home.

Good news is that my wife was probably more bummed than I was, which means she is into it as much as I am.

There is an 05 Rubi 6 speed for sale here if you’re interested. Long drive but it’s a rare bird! I’d buy it if I could!