Am I getting scammed?

You offended by your Go Fund Me page and using the military part. Yes you can say I'm stationed here and took my rig to so and so to be worked on. But that is all that needs to be said. I mention I am a disable vet in some posts not to play the vet card but to explain why I do things a certain way.

I hope you can get this worked out but I also hope you learn from it. The cheapest isn't always the best.
What V-8 is suppose to be getting swapped in?

I
You offended by your Go Fund Me page and using the military part. Yes you can say I'm stationed here and took my rig to so and so to be worked on. But that is all that needs to be said. I mention I am a disable vet in some posts not to play the vet card but to explain why I do things a certain way.

I hope you can get this worked out but I also hope you learn from it. The cheapest isn't always the best.

I deleted the go fund me I didn’t meant to come across like that.

An LS

That's kool. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how this shop is working on the MWR vehicles if they are not BAR approved.

Should have never put $5k upfront. Let them do the work then pay.
I had to put some up front money when I had my swap done too. It is kind of a good faith deposit that you are going to follow thru with paying for the whole job.

I agree with above, ask where it is and ask to see the progress (I know some shops near me only do that work at one location of a few). The owner being there is irrelevant to pretty much any of it if some staff is around. If they cannot tell you an exact location where you can verify it then tell them you’re going to have to report it stolen and file a complaint with the BBB and go do that.

Tone when dealing with them may be offputting (kind of like why you got knee jerk reactions here), so perhaps there’s a more constructive approach? I don’t know how you talked with them, but probably worth a self check.

I agree with above, ask where it is and ask to see the progress (I know some shops near me only do that work at one location of a few). The owner being there is irrelevant to pretty much any of it if some staff is around. If they cannot tell you an exact location where you can verify it then tell them you’re going to have to report it stolen and file a complaint with the BBB and go do that.

Tone when dealing with them may be offputting (kind of like why you got knee jerk reactions here), so perhaps there’s a more constructive approach? I don’t know how you talked with them, but probably worth a self check.

Yeah, I went there I asked everyone if they knew where my jeeep was no one could tell me. They didn’t know anything about it. I tried calling the owner. I sent him messages.

Yeah, I went there I asked everyone if they knew where my jeeep was no one could tell me. They didn’t know anything about it. I tried calling the owner. I sent him messages.

Id start gathering your paperwork, cancelled check, work order, any documented communications, etc and inform them of the recommended actions and take them.

Reactions: Benjeepn