Amazon Plasma Cutter?

Irun

A vicious cycle of doing, undoing, and re-doing!
Supporting Member
After years of using a torch or cutting wheel, I'm looking to finally get a plasma cutter. Since I don't do much metal work anymore, I'm not going to buy a high end cutter. After looking at dozens of models on Amazon, I'm leaning towards this one. The dual voltage is appealing and the reviews (128) are 92% 4 stars and above. Anyone have one of these, or another cheap cutter? Also, what should I be looking for when getting one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZK3BX2X/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited:
Not a bad price. Looks like it's a floater which is much easier to keep clean and minimal material prep. Definitely post more info if you do buy it. I'm looking for 1 as well. And I want a touchless torch.

Reactions: Irun
At that price point and Amazon's return policy, you can't go wrong. The company selling it has a 30 day refund policy as well.
It may be all you need. It looks like it doesn't offer any other features like gouging, flush cut, fine cut etc but you may do just fine without them.
I'd plan on using it with 220v to have the amperage to cut thicker material when needed.

Personally I own a Hypertherm Powermax 45xp and it wasn't cheap. It came with two different torch leads. Widely available consumables, cutting head variety and Hypertherm quality is why I chose it. It's also CNC capable.

As someguysjeep stated, update the thread with your experiences if you purchase.
Plasma cutters are one of those tools that you don't know how you went without it.

At that price point and Amazon's return policy, you can't go wrong. The company selling it has a 30 day refund policy as well.
It may be all you need. It looks like it doesn't offer any other features like gouging, flush cut, fine cut etc but you may do just fine without them.
I'd plan on using it with 220v to have the amperage to cut thicker material when needed.

Personally I own a Hypertherm Powermax 45xp and it wasn't cheap. It came with two different torch leads. Widely available consumables, cutting head variety and Hypertherm quality is why I chose it. It's also CNC capable.

As someguysjeep stated, update the thread with your experiences if you purchase.
Plasma cutter for sale and one of those tools that you don't know how you went without it.

Hi,
I've gotten great advice on this forum regarding my Van Norman mill, — so even though it's not a plasma cutter forum, I bet people on this forum have lots of good information on plasma cutters.
I'm looking for a cutter to use on an occasional basis on my farm. I'm sure it will prove useful-- I cut quite a bit of metal with oxy-acetylene, band saw and abrasive cutters-- and I think the plasma will do most of this much faster.
I already have a good 5hp compressor-- so I just need the plasma cutter.

I won't be using the cutter for "production" so I don't care too much about duty cycle.
I've heard that it's very hard to find consumables for the cheaper cutters--is this true for all of them?
Since I work on farm equipment, the steel is frequently thick-- so I might need some cutter horsepower--at least for severance cuts.

Anyways, any and all advice much appreciated.

Hi,
I've gotten great advice on this forum regarding my Van Norman mill, — so even though it's not a plasma cutter forum, I bet people on this forum have lots of good information on plasma cutters.
I'm looking for a cutter to use on an occasional basis on my farm. I'm sure it will prove useful-- I cut quite a bit of metal with oxy-acetylene, band saw and abrasive cutters-- and I think the plasma will do most of this much faster.
I already have a good 5hp compressor-- so I just need the plasma cutter.

I won't be using the cutter for "production" so I don't care too much about duty cycle.
I've heard that it's very hard to find consumables for the cheaper cutters--is this true for all of them?
Since I work on farm equipment, the steel is frequently thick-- so I might need some cutter horsepower--at least for severance cuts.

Anyways, any and all advice much appreciated.

I'm a big fan of Hypertherm because they make a high quality product and consumables are widely available. They aren't cheap though.

I personally buy for the longer term in a better product but that's me. For you it will depend on what your budget is, how thick you need to cut, if some features are important and availability.

I'm not sure what's available in the UK and your plugs, volts and hertz are different than here in the states. I doubt 1/4" cut and 5/16" severance will be adequate with farm items, for example look at the thickness of material on a tractor which I'm sure you have. In light of that you'll probably need to step up to a model that cuts 5/8" clean and 1" severance.

Here's a link for cheaper units on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=plasma...efix=plasma,aps,270&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_6

Here's a link for a UK retailer for Hypertherm Powermax 30XP:
https://www.fosterindustrial.co.uk/powermax-30-xp-plasma-cutter

Hopefully you find one that meets your needs.