Any good alternatives to Pro Comp 2 inch lift springs?

TJoe

I've been looking into getting a 2/2.5" lift lately and came across Chris' post about putting one together
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-recipe-for-an-affordable-but-quality-2-5-lift.41687/
The problem is that the Pro Comp springs listed for the rear aren't available anywhere as of now. Any suggestions on good, affordable alternatives? I already have the 0-2" Rancho shocks and everything else on the list shouldn't be a problem in terms of purchasing.

Based on the general consensus of the forum springs are not as critical to ride quality as shocks- Rock Krawler is one name that comes to mind

BDS - some will tell you the 3" front/2" rear is a better combo to eliminate excessive rake. This will be the most affordable path at ~$250 for the full set of 4.

JKS makes 2" springs as well that are dual rate though I've not heard of anyone running the 3" version on this forum. A few guys run the 3"s and I have a set of them in a box waiting for install. ~350-375

OME - the masses will suggest these and I have no reason to doubt they are a good spring, but they'll cost you more than any of the other suggestions. ~400-450

BDS - some will tell you the 3" front/2" rear is a better combo to eliminate excessive rake. This will be the most affordable path at ~$250 for the full set of 4.

JKS makes 2" springs as well that are dual rate though I've not heard of anyone running the 3" version on this forum. A few guys run the 3"s and I have a set of them in a box waiting for install. ~350-375

OME - the masses will suggest these and I have no reason to doubt they are a good spring, but they'll cost you more than any of the other suggestions. ~400-450
I only have the 2.5L, which means less weight than most. In the case of the BDS springs, will that weight difference affect the resting spring height enough to where I should stick with 2 inch front springs vs a 4.0L with the same?

I only have the 2.5L, which means less weight than most. In the case of the BDS springs, will that weight difference affect the resting spring height enough to where I should stick with 2 inch front springs vs a 4.0L with the same?
I have no personal experience with them, but your logic is sound to me. In your case, the 2" front and rear make sense and you can go the spacer route if you have a rake issue. (y)

I have the 2" BDS springs and a 4.0L. I had to add spacers to fix the rake, but I also have a winch with steel rope up front. I think the 2" would be fine for you. Better to get 2" and need to add a cheap spacer to adjust for rake than to get 2.5" and have a Jeep that won't stop stargazing.

Reactions: PRNDL and TJoe
Don't use 3" springs up front on a 4 cylinder. Pics of BDS 2" lift on 2.5L Jeeps.
Review.
This lift is advertised as 2", it actually gave me about 3". This kit rides very smooth, the shocks are nice and BDS has an awesome warranty!!
BDS 2 inch lift on 4 cylinder Jeep.jpg

BDS 2 inch lift.jpg

Reactions: TJoe and PRNDL
Bds 3" front/ 2" rear but I have the 4.0. 1"body lift and motor mount lift. 33s. I had vibes before the motor mount lift. You could alway do a t-case drop though if you had vibes. Bds spring have a great warranty and if you look around it is under $225 for all 4.

20211118_163207.jpg

Reactions: matkal and UKTJ
Ive been running OME 2” springs for nearly seven years and they have been great. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with any of the recommendations when it comes to coil springs

Hey Jamison, really like the stance on your Jeep. What lift and tire setup are you using?
Thank you! I've always been a sucker for a 3" lift/32" tires setup. Right now I'm on the stock Rubicon springs with 2" spring spacers and a Rough Country 1.25" body lift. So an overall 3.25" of extra clearance for tires. I'm on 265/75r16 (roughly 32") Cooper Discoverer AT3 LTs. It's a mild stance that doesn't require TOO much tweaking, still looks stock, but can also do some decent terrain when set up properly.