Anyone else delete their front license plate?

None required in AZ either. I think when I was in WA I just screwed holes in the front bumper and mounted it directly. Never did rip it off but not from a lack of trying.

Reactions: jeep_boss
I'd keep it in the trunk with you (that's what I do). Then if I ever get pulled over, I just tell them that I was off-road and the brush ripped it off.
Then they ask to see it and its a brand new mint condition plate that has never been mounted, lol.

No front plate requirement here in Florida :D
I still have my FL plate on over here...I plan on running it until my registration is up this summer.

Reactions: jeep_boss and Chris
NY requires it, but my new bumper doesn't have a place for it,,,,I keep it on the passenger floor and I f I get pulled over I will just say there is no place to mount it....see what the cops says?
He will still say you need to mount it on the front. The Corvette owners used that excuse all the time. Didn't work. When law requires two.....then you need to figure out how to mount it.

Did similar that @lowranger did. Just pop it off when you hit the trail to keep it in tact. Those with a syn rope fairlead would just have to find creative way to mount it.
P1020957.JPG

He will still say you need to mount it on the front. The Corvette owners used that excuse all the time. Didn't work. When law requires two.....then you need to figure out how to mount it.
Probably, I will wait till first time then make something...doubt they will ticket first time, I am not an a-hole to them and have clean license.

Driving in CA for 42 years... none of my vehicles have ever had a front plate. Have gotten a few fix-it tickets over the years but have always been able to temporarily mount one and get it signed off at the local Highway Patrol.

$125 fine here too. I have had some double takes mainly by state patrol, but never been stopped.

A good aign though was a couple of weeks ago, I walked out of a coffee place in North Bend - holding the door for 4 of their local PD. The last guy was probably <30 yrs old, he saw my Jeep parked right in front of the door and said "that thing is sweet!". I thanked him and we talked for a few minutes, where he told me about his wife's problematic YJ saying they were thinking about buying a TJR to replace it.

The other three officers were checking it out while he and I talked, they either didn't notice the missig plate or they didn't care. Either way, it was good to get on their radar in a positive light, the entire town is a 20-25mph zone (due to the tourist value of the show Twin Peaks and Mount Si).

Reactions: MikeM and Chris
Did similar that @lowranger did. Just pop it off when you hit the trail to keep it in tact. Those with a syn rope fairlead would just have to find creative way to mount it.
View attachment 35080
Tuffy makes a license plate mount that attaches to the fairlead with synthetic. Swings up out of the way if you need your winch.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Front required here in TX too. I’ve been told the main reason they don’t change the law is that they use the front plate for reflectivity when lasering for speed on the highways.

Cops in Oregon like Jeeps. Except in Beaverton. The Cops in Beaverton don't like anyone or anything it seems. It's probably another one of those laws that rarely gets enforced. Maybe I'll pull mine before it gets destroyed and throw it in the back until I get stopped. Kind of an experiment.
I had a Beaverton officer yell at me a few years back about no plate on the front and I told him if he found it I would reinstall it he asked where I lost it told him somewhere in the woods never said another word again

Reactions: TJ2