Anyone have any information on the half hard tops for the jeep LJ where to buy?

Tzerambo

TJ Enthusiast
Just wanting to know where you can buy a half hard top for the jeep Wrangler unlimited aka LJ which makes the the wrangler look like a jeep truck. Anyone have any inforamtion on those half hard tops and what kind of work must you do to install one on a jeep LJ.

Just wanting to know where you can buy a half hard top for the jeep Wrangler unlimited aka LJ which makes the the wrangler look like a jeep truck. Anyone have any inforamtion on those half hard tops and what kind of work must you do to install one on a jeep LJ.
I like the half cab on a lifted and larger tires on the LJ. Keep us posted if you do this.

Love the “Safari Top” for the LJ that G8tops makes .
upload_2018-10-31_14-34-59.jpeg

When I was looking for a hardtop of my LJ, Sellers want like $1,500 - $2,500 for a used old ratty hardtop so I passed as I was not willing to spend that much, so I opted for the Gr8tops hardtop or better stated as Jeff Scherb's creation that he licensed out to gr8tops. It's very easy to install and uninstall, I was able to with my wife, granted it is much safer with three people as the cap/top piece is oversized and bulky.

For your half cab idea, they also have that kit that comes with instructions. The full top I installed was not that bad of an install, a couple holes needed to be drilled in the section where the top meets the body of the jeep and that was it. The rest involved lining up the pieces correctly. With the half top, I would say the install would be similar, but you can call Matt at Gr8tops and ask for the install instructions.

https://gr8tops.com/shop/jeepmodels/wrangler-lj-2/lj-xtop-half-hardtop-kit

20170506_173709.jpg

I had to recently replace my top and had a hell of a time. Money wasn't the issue because insurance was going to pay. The problem was finding a top or even parts for the top. According to two different service writers at Jeep dealerships all of the parts have been discontinued.

I wish that I had seen this thread a month ago because my choices were used, which insurance wouldn't buy, Bestop or RallyTops because I was moving to a hard top.

So far the RallyTops is great. I bought the one piece for my LJ, but they also have a two piece available. You can get them with a roof rack, a sun roof, electrical and they are available in two or three colors. I'm not sure how the price or quality compares with Gr8 Tops, but it might be worth looking at before you buy.

The used market sucks and so does trying to find one at the junkyard. Apparently there are people that camp waiting for TJs to come in and the LJ makes it worse.

https://www.rallytops.com/shop/jeep-unlimited-2-pc/