Anyone have any tips on rear bumper install?

Yeah, that step drill is gonna cost you about $40, go easy on it! 🆒 I would just go with a short jobber bit, start with a 1/4" pilot and finish up with the correct size. Drilling steel is easy with good bits and stepping up in size when it's called for. Small holes don't need any lube either. A lot of people use the wrong thing to lube with and it makes the job harder and damages the bit. Never use penetrating oil as a drill bit lube. regular motor oil will work in a pinch.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Sorry if I came off as Abit of an ass... I maybe shouldn't post after a few too many cocktails

That's alright.
Anonymity has its blessings and its curses.

I wouldn't want to see a post by some random dude saying he punched into his gas tank and his crappy dewalt lit it off and burned down his garage, heep and all.

Better to have

than to have a

Not sure if they are available separately or not but my shittybilt rear bumper included frame tie ins.

Not sure if they are available separately or not but my shittybilt rear bumper included frame tie ins.

View attachment 82968
They are available separately. Poison Spyder makes the best for about $50. What makes them best is the access hole to the rear body mounts. The others have to be removed to access that mount.

Reactions: tworley
They are available separately. Poison Spyder makes the best for about $50. What makes them best is the access hole to the rear body mounts. The others have to be removed to access that mount.

Mine dont need to be removed. Its a tight fit, but with a tall, skinny socket I was able to remove and install the body mounts just fine.

Reactions: JMT
I have a tube bumper I installed 18 years ago on mine that required extra holes in the rear crossmember. I got lucky and was able to fish a couple of nuts back there on the drivers side and I slipped a couple of bolts through from the backside without dropping the gas tank. Maybe I was lucky...

Wow. Glad I randomly stumbled upon this thread. I'm installing my Warn bumper and tire carrier next weekend and didn't know about the frame tie-ins. Just ordered the Poison Spyder set for $45 from 4WP during their they pay the sales tax promotion. Thanks fellas!

Reactions: Steel City 06