Anyone install hood vents?

I used to run black raptor lined poison spyder louvers but changed them for brushed alu genright ones recently
image_2024-02-10_190753531.png

image_2024-02-10_190827253.png

Reactions: TheBoogieman
Because I have a V-8 in my TJ and had high underhood temperatures I installed GenRight hood vents on my TJ.

View attachment 147580

View attachment 147581

View attachment 147582

I just bought a fiberglass hood in the AEV style with the vent near the radiator.

View attachment 147585

View attachment 147586

I also have one of the Poison Spyder hood vent panels that I am going to install on my daughters TJ.

https://shop.poisonspyder.com/TJ-Hood-Louver-97-02-Bare-p/14-53-011.htm

[URL]https://www.bing.com/videos/se...5308B6683D6A25EF7DB85308B6683D6A25E&FORM=VIRE[/URL]

Love that glass hood!

No, I didn't fit a turbo , what I'm saying is water injection had been used on both turbocharged and naturally aspirated engines, for years , It makes a sizable difference. And on certain mornings when that air density is just right you feel the difference... So if you can take some of the hot air away from the air inlet and give the engine a cooler air mix you going to notice a difference..

The cooler air at night is where the power increase comes from. Water vapor in the air definitely reduces power. Water injection is used to slow down combustion when the liquid turns to vapor. There is no benefit to adding water unless you don't have enough octane.

They may have, but the bean counters came back with:

It will cost us 11 cents per vehicle to install these vents that will help longevity, however it will only save us 8 cents per vehicle in anticipated claims within the warranty period.

Therefore, this is an unnecessary 3 cents per vehicle additional cost that directly diminishes the profits that we could be getting.

And all us bean counters get an attaboy and a bonus for saving those 3 cents.

There is always a battle between the designers, engineers and bean counters in the auto industry. I just typed my reply before I saw your post.

Never underestimate the bean counters.

Reactions: Zorba
I ran the Poison Spyder one on my previous TJ. I realized that running a stainless header was causing damage to the paint on the hood. It was starting to crack and fade.

The paint on poison spyder ones started to peel off pretty quickly, Raptor liners lasted a few years but I think it heat and expansion made the edges begin to crack around the rivets. hoping I don't have these issues with he raw alu