Anyone run BFG Trail-Terrain T/A?

joelachr

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
We have a 2018 Grand Cherokee which is our primary family vehicle. It still has the GY Wrangler All Terrain Adventure tires it came from the factory with. Last weekend, one started leaking slowly and the local Discount Tire found a cut in the sidewall. This set has about 42k miles on them and at least one other tire in the set has been patched in the tread. I was hoping to run these until spring before replacement but this situation changes things.

I was going to try a set of BFG KO2s but those are only available in a load range E in the 265/60R18 size this Grand Cherokee uses so that's out. Looking at Discount Tire's offerings, I'm currently considering DuraTracs or the BFG Trail-Terrain T/A. I have DTs on the Wrangler and have been happy with them but the BFGs seem a bit better suited to a family vehicle that likely won't leave the pavement except for rare occasions. They're also $25 cheaper per tire. Both are 3-peak mountain snowflake certified.

Seems these tires are pretty new on the market so neither Discount Tire nor Tire Rack have any reviews or feedback on their websites. Any chance someone here has experience with them? Other recommendations are also welcome.

I have the grabber ATX which is a load range E because of the Rubicon wheels being 16in and think the ride is great. I know thats not what you where looking for for, but the tread is very similar between the two. I ran the original KOs on my old jeep and was always impressed. These grabbers in load E are just as good, if not better.

Reactions: driftless
We have a 2018 Grand Cherokee which is our primary family vehicle. It still has the GY Wrangler All Terrain Adventure tires it came from the factory with. Last weekend, one started leaking slowly and the local Discount Tire found a cut in the sidewall. This set has about 42k miles on them and at least one other tire in the set has been patched in the tread. I was hoping to run these until spring before replacement but this situation changes things.

I was going to try a set of BFG KO2s but those are only available in a load range E in the 265/60R18 size this Grand Cherokee uses so that's out. Looking at Discount Tire's offerings, I'm currently considering DuraTracs or the BFG Trail-Terrain T/A. I have DTs on the Wrangler and have been happy with them but the BFGs seem a bit better suited to a family vehicle that likely won't leave the pavement except for rare occasions. They're also $25 cheaper per tire. Both are 3-peak mountain snowflake certified.

Seems these tires are pretty new on the market so neither Discount Tire nor Tire Rack have any reviews or feedback on their websites. Any chance someone here has experience with them? Other recommendations are also welcome.
Trail Terrain is the newest BFG offering. Designed for SUV/CUV and light truck application. Looks to be a great tire so far. Not a lot of feedback or reviews yet since it’s so new but has great features and warranty.

Basically positioned between a street tire and a KO2.

Also, if you work in the “trades” you can claim an additional rebate on BFG through the Tradesman program.

More info here:

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/en/tradesmen

The Trail Terrain appears to be an updated version of the Rugged Trail. I had a set of Rugged Trails and they were horrible. Perhaps the improvements incorporated with the name change will be better? If you try them and don't like them, will DT let you swap them out within so many days for a different tire? May be worth asking.

The Trail Terrain appears to be an updated version of the Rugged Trail. I had a set of Rugged Trails and they were horrible. Perhaps the improvements incorporated with the name change will be better? If you try them and don't like them, will DT let you swap them out within so many days for a different tire? May be worth asking.

Rugged Trail, aside from being long lasting was pretty low feature. It’s was primarily an OE tire. Trail Terrain is not an OE and is totally new. Not a rehashed Rugged Trail. Also has a 60 day satisfaction warranty from BFG and a 60k mileage warranty.

I think they would. Right now, I don’t want the hassle of having to swap tires again within days or weeks.

I ended up having a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II put on. I’m hoping these will be as good in the wet and snow as the ratings & reviews said. We’ll eventually get something like a minivan for main kid-hauling duty and I can take a chance on some more fun tires then.