Are door entry guards worth having?

Eddie Greenlee

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So the little entry guards things that stick on the top of the rocker panel as you step in the jeep , are they worth having on our rigs? I have one on each side on the jeep but they rust and im afraid the rust will cause the rocker panel to rust. what do yall use there and what are your thoughts

mine is metal and it is rusting, so i want to take it off and maybe paint it or get the factory one thats plastic , im just afraid the moisture and rust will make it to the jeep

I have the plastic ones. I like them with as much ingress and egress there is into my Jeep
I'm sure they serve a good purpose and the plastic may be a better option , but I just try and keep rust as far away from my jeep as possible.

Reactions: JMT
I'm sure they serve a good purpose and the plastic may be a better option , but I just try and keep rust as far away from my jeep as possible.
I don’t blame you! I think that if I removed mine me and others would mar up the lip badly. Our driveway is crushed granite and it gets in the tread of workboots and sticks to wet tennis shoe soles, helping the granite find its way everywhere!

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
I have these. I like them. However, when I replaced the door seals, these made it a very tight fit. I have to close to door hard now. However, once the seals soften up/break in a little more, they should be fine. And yes, I did adjust the door...

That sounds like a pain.

Mine came to me with metal sill guards. They are scuffed up but the paint underneath is not. I'm leaving them on. :)

2003 Rubicon

Mine never had em. Shortly after the lift the plastic tape started to rub through. It's now down to just primer in the door jam from being kicked all the time.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

I like the kind that show maybe 1/2 inch of black after the door is shut. I think the contrast against the stone white looks nice plus it will cover the entry/exit scuff marks on my 21 y.o. tj :)
Drinking age, eh?! Taken it to any bars yet?

Reactions: KCsTJ