Are Metalcloak control arms any good?

thekidwithquestions

Acquiring Jeep funds...
Supporting Member
I want to get some adj control arms and im looking at metalcloak because they are cheaper and ive heard good things about Metalcloak, should I go with them or should I save more and go with savvy or currie, im not planning to do much rockcrawling maybe a few rocks here and there, what reasons should I go with one or the other, TEACH ME

X2 to Jerry's advice.

Metalcloak arms are the same price as Savvy or Currie arms if I recall. That being the case, if you're going to be spending the same amount of money, you'd be smart to go with Savvy or Currie arms.

While many have had good luck with the Metalcloak arms, there is no denying that the Johnny Joint is the way to go if you're looking for maximum performance from your control arms. The Johnny Joint is tried and true.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
They are good according to them😀

Effectively control arms are no better than their connections ....the Johnny joint trumps most everything.

There is value to the placement and length of control arms but that’s another conversation.

X2 to Jerry's advice.

Metalcloak arms are the same price as Savvy or Currie arms if I recall. That being the case, if you're going to be spending the same amount of money, you'd be smart to go with Savvy or Currie arms.

While many have had good luck with the Metalcloak arms, there is no denying that the Johnny Joint is the way to go if you're looking for maximum performance from your control arms. The Johnny Joint is tried and true.
actually there a bit cheaper

I guess 8 years isn't consideted holding up!
That very well could be true depending on the reality of just how hard they're really pushed and wheeled. A member here commented here recently, within the last week, how his MC joints didn't hold up and needed to be replaced. He asked about replacing them with Johnny Joints.

Reactions: Irun
That very well could be true depending on the reality of just how hard they're really pushed/wheeled. A member here commented here recently, within the last week, how his MC joints didn't hold up and needed to be replaced. He asked about replacing them with Johnny Joints.
I've put almost 40k miles on them, wheeled them hard 4 to 6 times a year, and never once had to touch them. Are the the best joint? No. Are they the worst joint? No. Is their marketing 100% truthful? No.

That said, my TJ runs Savvy arms for two reasons. They are extremely well designed, and they are transparent about what you get. I'm confident I'll get 8+ years out of them!

The ones I see tearing apart are set up with 9-12" of shock travel and that travel get used.
FWIW, I have that and it gets used. Being fair, I would not buy them again. Simply because there are better alternatives. However, I can't complain about their reliability. At least for me!

Metalcloak doesn't get much love on this forum.

Here is a very long thread regarding Metalcloak and Savvy control arms and joints. Not as much overt brand bashing as some other threads and fewer than usual fanboy posts.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/new-control-arms-savvy-versus-metalcloak.38779/

I wish you the best with your research.

The good news is that unless you are a hardcore rockcrawler and/or have a suspension with extreme travel that you actually use, you are unlikely to make a mistake with either brand even if some on this board won't think you are one of the Kool Kids if you don't buy the brand they like.