Are Metalcloak control arms any good?

I do think it looks a little different, which people should be aware of. For the MC you’re replacing the whole joint. For the JJ you’re either regreasing or rebuilding (probably just replacing the race).

I don’t have a good handle on the interval of either though, given I’ve read MCs going to 70k and JJs going for a decade.
Why do you have to replace the whole joint to do maintenance on it?

Have a full set on my Jeep, saw someone bragging about them on here some time in 2018, MC marketing did the rest.
I don't rock crawl, slide, twist, bang, tea bag, hump or what ever else fetish most of you have here for rocks.
Only complain so far is one of the UCA seizing up, after days of banging, torching and kroiling it, i completely mutilated adjustable end beyond being serviceable again.

Since then i have been reading on here, and came to few conclusions:
1. Get double adjustable, at least uppers. If you ever end up searching for proper angle, you will thank yourself later. Difference in price is only like 40 snickers bars.
2. Unless you have above mentioned fetish for a rock, no need to go fetish on your wallet. If i am not wrong, someone not long ago on here swapped Rough Country joints for johnny joints and ended up being happy.

Reactions: D M
I’m not sure what you’re trying to show there, are you agreeing? As I shared, the ball and race are bonded together and you apparently even have to use their lube to not void the warranty.

Comparing that to a JJ you have:

1. snap ring (same as Duroflex)
2. Washer (same)
3. Race half
4. Ball
5. Race half
6. Washer (same)

My comment you replied to was aimed at 3-5, which in an MC joint is one unit.

There’s a common misconception on this forum that those of us that comment on and question the difference are suggesting one is superior, however I’m only commenting on construction and what I’ve seen of the joints.

Other than sharing what I’ve seen or experienced myself, I don’t really care which people choose unless they go off the rail and kill a day of wheeling.

Reactions: Farmergreg
Those of us that have MC arms / joints and get along well with them aren't allowed to mention it here at savvyforum.
@bobthetj03
@Apparition
I have half MC arms half JJ's are my rig and can't complain with either. I bought the MC arms to set my rear pinion about three years ago and the joints still look brand new. The JJ's I run because I got a good deal used and also can't complain. You really can't go wrong. So if you want to add me to that list go ahead. Hopefully I don't get blacklisted. The one advantage too is not needing an expensive tool to service them.

Also I believe the OP is a 14 or 15 year old in North Carolina. I don't know if he necessarily needs to have his Jeep built like a race buggy, but I could be wrong. I doubt you'd really have issues with the MCs, but if you want the forum approved tried and true you won't be disappointed with JJ's either unless you go through some southern clay and end up with a creaky Jeep from your super expensive arms :ROFLMAO:. I'm done I'll leave this to the professionals.

... and you apparently even have to use their lube to not void the warranty.
in the comments section an MC rep stated that the lube is available at autoparts and other retailers
0000045_multi-purpose-synthetic-grease-with-syncolon-ptfe-21030.jpeg

I’m not sure what you’re trying to show there, are you agreeing? As I shared, the ball and race are bonded together and you apparently even have to use their lube to not void the warranty.

2. Washer (same)
3. Race half
4. Ball
5. Race half
6. Washer (same)

There’s a common misconception on this forum that those of us that comment on and question the difference are suggesting one is superior, however I’m only commenting on construction and what I’ve seen of the joints.

Other than sharing what I’ve seen or experienced myself, I don’t really care which people choose unless they go off the rail and kill a day of wheeling.
I think you just made a bad comparison, you compared the maintenance of a JJ to replacing a MC joint. Repairing the JJ involves replacing the races but could (rarely) involve the ball as well. The maintenance of either involves taking the joint apart and lubing them at regular intervals. I have two arms with a JJ at one end and a MC on the other one arm has been maintained properly and the other no maintenance at all with the joints just like they came from the manufacturer.

No dog in this fight really. My Jeep will never see the kind of wheeling JV provides. If yours does, you will need a lot more help than control arm joint choice provides. Amazingly, I make it to work every day with my daily without control arm drama.
Did you figure out those vibes yet?

2. Washer (same)
3. Race half
4. Ball
5. Race half
6. Washer (same)

You're forgetting the significance of the JJ's preload.

Also, I don't really care what others run. That doesn't change the fact that based on what I've seen and based on how I understand things work, the JJ is the superior joint.

Can anyone explain why we don't see Metalcloak bushings in Metalcloak track bars? How does this fit in with their marketing since track bars are a control arm?

Also, I don't really care what others run.
JJ this response is to the group think here and not specifically to you.

There's been a shift to elitism here. Go back and read some of the earlier build threads. Kinder, gentler, not the hate.

You can set your watch to any question comparing MC arms vs Currie. MC will be trashed within a few posts.

It's never enough to say why they like the Currie JJ's without going into a MC bashing fest.

It's like politics, I cant really say what I like about my candidate, but your candidate sucks.