Arizona Rock Crawler

I think I found the wheels. 5” backspace. $280 for all 4. I think they are old model or something because they are cheap on a few other sites. Not a simulated beadlocks fan but they are the best I’ve found in 5” backspace for the price View attachment 314523
Fa-La-La-La-La Mamba!

Another point for “Low Standards”

Forgot to mention this… the other night I came out of the store and my Jeep was parked there in the dark with top off and half doors on. I look up at the Jeep and I see someone leaned over my half door peering in to my Jeep. Instinctively, I take off running at my Jeep thinking they are going through my stuff I had in the seat. They see me and start running away. Get closer and it’s just a little girl putting a rubber duck on my Jeep for her parents that had the Jeep parked next to mine. I scared the shit out of that poor little girl 😂 i apologized and all was good but I felt so bad!

Forgot to mention this… the other night I came out of the store and my Jeep was parked there in the dark with top off and half doors on. I look up at the Jeep and I see someone leaned over my half door peering in to my Jeep. Instinctively, I take off running at my Jeep thinking they are going through my stuff I had in the seat. They see me and start running away. Get closer and it’s just a little girl putting a rubber duck on my Jeep for her parents that had the Jeep parked next to mine. I scared the shit out of that poor little girl 😂 i apologized and all was good but I felt so bad!

Along those lines, while looking closer at a detail on something in a parking lot, I tend to stand back a bit. The thought of an owner taking it all wrong always worried me.

Reactions: lBasket
Great. Now you ruined it for someone else that might want to get ducked! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and RINC
Got a shipping notification for my eBay wheels! To tide me over until they come, I went to discount to try a balance (again) and this time the wobble got substantially better. I had them balance all the wheels and throw the best balanced ones up front and worst in the rear. No more big wobbles at all and just a tiny little shimmy while going around right-hand curves at 50mph. Totally tolerable for now. If we can get it this good with bent steel wheels, then I am very hopeful the new wheels should ride like glass.

Got a shipping notification for my eBay wheels! To tide me over until they come, I went to discount to try a balance (again) and this time the wobble got substantially better. I had them balance all the wheels and throw the best balanced ones up front and worst in the rear. No more big wobbles at all and just a tiny little shimmy while going around right-hand curves at 50mph. Totally tolerable for now. If we can get it this good with bent steel wheels, then I am very hopeful the new wheels should ride like glass.

Will you be getting those interior beadlocks from Coyote? I was thinking I might get off with spending less money by not getting beadlock rims for myself. Then adding those later.

Man, this Adult thing of being patient is killing me. Can't save money fast enough.

Will you be getting those interior beadlocks from Coyote? I was thinking I might get off with spending less money by not getting beadlock rims for myself. Then adding those later.

Man, this Adult thing of being patient is killing me. Can't save money fast enough.
I most likely won’t get any beadlocks on these tires. Reason being is that Goodyear isn’t making 35x15 MTRs anymore but they are making 35x17. Once these tires are toast I’ll move to 35x17 MTRs and either get traditional beadlocks, or pending how the coyotes go for @jjvw I may do exactly the same as him and pick up some JK wheels for $100 and put the coyotes in. Either way I don’t think I’ll ever have 15” beadlocks unless the 35x15 MTR comes back when the supply chain normalizes a bit.

I most likely won’t get any beadlocks on these tires. Reason being is that Goodyear isn’t making 35x15 MTRs anymore but they are making 35x17. Once these tires are toast I’ll move to 35x17 MTRs and either get traditional beadlocks, or pending how the coyotes go for @jjvw I may do exactly the same as him and pick up some JK wheels for $100 and put the coyotes in. Either way I don’t think I’ll ever have 15” beadlocks unless the 35x15 MTR comes back when the supply chain normalizes a bit.

10-4. This waiting stinks but if @jjvw will be a guineapig, I'll wait. 😁

Reactions: rasband and jjvw
10-4. This waiting stinks but if @jjvw will be a guineapig, I'll wait. 😁
Basically with the internal beadlocks you have to be able to mount tires yourself. So ideally have access to a tire machine. I also would like to know how well they balance. If they aren’t too difficult to install and they balance out well then they sound like a really nice and affordable beadlock system

Reactions: 5632
Basically with the internal beadlocks you have to be able to mount tires yourself. So ideally have access to a tire machine. I also would like to know how well they balance. If they aren’t too difficult to install and they balance out well then they sound like a really nice and affordable beadlock system

I read up on those, I think with the drilling for a second valve stem and such I could do it. Well other than the balancing.

I would rock these.
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/d/phoenix-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-wheels/7449917067.html
Now I need to research the backspacing and other stuff on the newer model rims.