Arizona Rock Crawler

We will, let's convince him to join for Holy Cross and maybe a few others. I can put you up for a night or two if you want to make it out!
I’ll come out for it! Colorado isn’t too bad of a drive. I think it took me 14 hours to get to Springs last time I went out there.

Reactions: rasband
Wife requested solid grab handles after some of those descents in Moab. Got the Hooke offroad ones
5BFBE58E-F049-4C67-9A98-92FD58DDA817.jpeg

Wife requested solid grab handles after some of those descents in Moab. Got the Hooke offroad onesView attachment 248844
I thought Tyler was just whining about me driving him around with his broken Jeep, but then used some in Josh’s... is there any major difference between Hooke and Grabbars that won you over?

Reactions: starkey480
I thought Tyler was just whining about me driving him around with his broken Jeep, but then used some in Josh’s... is there any major difference between Hooke and Grabbars that won you over?
Just the price for me. $35 for the Hooke and $90 for the Grabars. If that’s not a concern then Grabars are made in USA and probably guaranteed top notch quality but I haven’t seen them myself. The Hookes seem like great quality as well though. The powder coat seems nice, they are sturdy and the welds look decent. I know Grabar sells specific grommets for the later model TJs which would probably sway me over to those if I didn’t have an early TJ.

Just the price for me. $35 for the Hooke and $90 for the Grabars. If that’s not a concern then Grabars are made in USA and probably guaranteed top notch quality but I haven’t seen them myself. The Hookes seem like great quality as well though. The powder coat seems nice, they are sturdy and the welds look decent. I know Grabar sells specific grommets for the later model TJs which would probably sway me over to those if I didn’t have an early TJ.
I’m not sure where @zebra12 got our gaskets but they were cheap. I use the Hooke ones as well with great results.

Grabars are solid steel. Some of the lesser expensive versions are tube and some of those have bent or ripped off the mounting plate.

@taylormade73 , what happened? That’s Fin’s, you just go straight up that. Whoa!
That’s Poison Spider on a tough climb in one of the playgrounds. I screwed up and had him cut it when it started hopping when he really needed to goose it a little (we learned this from the next few that went through). I barely caught his passenger tire with my foot (but I’m not sure if that’s what kept him from flipping) before others could come on the bottom.

I admired you wanting to give it another go anyway - I’m still a little stumped why you didn’t clean it the next go around.
Me too. I guess everyone needs that one unbested challenge for their next time. Although I climbed much harder shit all week.

That’s Poison Spider on a tough climb in one of the playgrounds. I screwed up and had him cut it when it started hopping when he really needed to goose it a little (we learned this from the next few that went through). I barely caught his passenger tire with my foot (but I’m not sure if that’s what kept him from flipping) before others could come on the bottom.
Ok, I almost turned sideways on the one on hell’s back in 2019 that few people run . It has a small ledge halfway up and you have to give it the gas or you won’t make that ledge and if you don’t it’s a backwards pullout. Scary moment