Arizona Rock Crawler

Just picked up this 32rh with only 40k miles on it for my dad. Oil inside looked good. This is exciting for a few reasons. The first is obviously wheeling. A manual/231 combo just plain sucks to wheel out here. This is also going to make the Jeep street better because he currently has front driveshaft vibes at 70mph with 5.13 gears. We will gear down to 4.56 with the auto which should move his vibe onset more towards 80mphView attachment 327504
Did it include the dipstick? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Tob and starkey480
Just picked up this 32rh with only 40k miles on it for my dad. Oil inside looked good. This is exciting for a few reasons. The first is obviously wheeling. A manual/231 combo just plain sucks to wheel out here. This is also going to make the Jeep street better because he currently has front driveshaft vibes at 70mph with 5.13 gears. We will gear down to 4.56 with the auto which should move his vibe onset more towards 80mphView attachment 327504
“Just got this for my dad.”

Can I be your dad? 🤣

Don’t you have enough Jeeplinquents already?
Yeah, but no 32rh. 🤣 if I did a swap, and if it’s possible for an 05’, that’s the one id prefer for gearing issues

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Yeah he converted his 03 to an 02. It takes good wiring skills.
I think that was the only way to keep the automatic torque converter lock up through the PCM. Otherwise, a manual switch needs to be used.

I just found a 42rle for $30. Yeah, really $30, but I dont' see any harnesses. I need to figure out what all I need for this swap besides some of the obvious.

That is essentially free. Is it in working shape? Even if you have to rebuild, you are still on top so good find.

Reactions: JMT and rasband
I just found a 42rle for $30. Yeah, really $30, but I dont' see any harnesses. I need to figure out what all I need for this swap besides some of the obvious.
For the record, I sold my NSG370 for $800 ($950 if you include the PCM) with all of the swap parts to someone wanting to do an auto to manual swap. That covered the cost of all of the parts I needed to buy and what I spent on the engine/transmission donor, and I still have the engine to sell.

Not trying to brag about money, just saying you could easily fund this swap if you can pick it up for $30. Just make sure it’s out of a wrangler and not a liberty.