Arizona Tow Pigging Daily Driver

starkey480

Jeep parts inbound
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Recently picked up a 97 Ford F250 HD with the 351 windsor 5.8l V8 in it. Auto trans and 127k miles for $6k. This is the last year they produced the old square body style. She runs really good but needs bunch of TLC. I’ll be using this as a daily driver whenever I don’t feel like driving the Jeep and also ultimately would like to get a trailer for it to tow the jeep.

I’ll post more later but just wanted to get this thread started.
IMG_2324.jpeg

IMG_2325.jpeg

Before you ask, the frame is not bend between the cab and the bed. There’s something else more interesting going on that I’ll post about later but all an easy fix.

Recently picked up a 97 Ford F250 HD with the 351 windsor 5.8l V8 in it. Auto trans and 127k miles for $6k. This is the last year they produced the old square body style. She runs really good but needs bunch of TLC. I’ll be using this as a daily driver whenever I don’t feel like driving the Jeep and also ultimately would like to get a trailer for it to tow the jeep.

I’ll post more later but just wanted to get this thread started.View attachment 522461
View attachment 522462
Before you ask, the frame is not bend between the cab and the bed. There’s something else more interesting going on that I’ll post about later but all an easy fix.

Body mount trickery or cab damage. You really want to be impressed with ford frames just flex that thing out and enjoy over 6 inches of deflection. Maybe even 12" on that long bed.

Taking out the front lift spacers
IMG_2375.jpeg

I’ve also been hearing a clunk on braking. Figured out the bolt that holds the radius arm to the I beam was so loose I could turn the nut by finger. That bolt gets used for both the radius arm mount as well as the spring cup retainer. The PO must have blasted off the retainer with an impact and loosened up that bolt when they installed the spacers.
IMG_2377.jpeg

Obligatory mount paint and painting the springs as well. The chick that owned this before painted them turquoise 😂
IMG_2379.jpeg

I was always a fan of this generation Ford. The interior is minimal, but I've always liked it. The last of the bench seat too if I am not mistaken...

Find the stock alloy wheels:D

View attachment 522844

Already got them! @Nickgsjeep kindly picked up a set of the OEM Alcoas in San Diego for me. They have practically new Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires on them as well that are stock size. I’ll pick them up around June 1 when I’m out there for a competition.