Assistance with bump steer

Thought I’d provide a lil update.

While still trying to tame this beast and rooting around the whole suspension I noticed my rear anti sway bar axle bushings were sloppy so I replaced them. I feel like it helped a little bit with the rolling feeling.

I also replaced the Falcon Nexus steering stabilizer with a Blackmax. That feels to have tightened up the steering a wee bit. Although it could just be a placebo effect. Like when new windshield wipers make my Tundra go faster…

Next up will be replacing the Falcon shocks with Blackmax and replacing the front anti sway bar bushings. If the BlackMax shocks do nothing I will remove them and put them up for sale.

One question. Should the drag link/tie rod joint move back and forth? It has some roll to it when I rotate it to the front and the rear. I assume this is normal with no other play or slop.

Can we start over a bit? I watched your video a few times and I can't tell if you have one hand resting on the steering wheel or not? Which is it?

When I find that out, then I have a little test I want you to do for me that will help me figure out a few things.

Can we start over a bit? I watched your video a few times and I can't tell if you have one hand resting on the steering wheel or not? Which is it?

When I find that out, then I have a little test I want you to do for me that will help me figure out a few things.

No sir. That video is free hand until I have to correct so I don't ditch dive.
What you might be seeing in the bottom right corner is my cigar case sitting in shirt pocket.

No sir. That video is free hand until I have to correct so I don't ditch dive.
What you might be seeing in the bottom right corner is my cigar case sitting in shirt pocket.

Well, that helps a bunch. 1st, you get the same speech all my helpers get. At no point in time is a hands off the wheel test valid. You don't drive like that, no reason to test like that and it tells us nothing.

What you want to do instead is rest one hand lightly on the wheel with enough force to steady it and nothing more. Then ignore the steering wheel, if it has a quirk or habit annoying enough to break through your consciousness, it will and that will point to an actual issue.

Secondly, stop looking right over the hood at the road surface. Move your eyes out to a safe distance down the road to spot things you need to see to stay on the road, but not so close that you are using steering input to counteract road surface variations. Folks don't like to be jostled and and they don't like to lean over. So, what happens is they wind up correcting the lean and jostling that they have learned road conditions will produce and that winds up moving them around in the lane. Keep a steady hand on the wheel, keep the wheel pointed very steadily to average the rig between the lane limits and just keep it there.

Focus on doing that for a few days and let me know the result.