At what height should I measure to relocate the rear upper coil spring mount?

where/how much final welding did you end up doing?
IMG_9993.jpg

What are the consequences of not having the bumpstops lined up?

What are the consequences of not having the bumpstops lined up?
The jounces won't do their job of helping slow down the last bit of travel before the shocks reach full compression.

Reactions: qslim
Well I got a crazy Idea today. So I set out to move my Upper coil spring buckets.
So I have got them off and move them and compressed my axles. I think I have them where I want them. What ya think ?
If the mounts are lined up with the hole on the frame arch, then you probably did it right

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Well I got a crazy Idea today. So I set out to move my Upper coil spring buckets.
So I have got them off and move them and compressed my axles. I think I have them where I want them. What ya think ?

View attachment 248104

View attachment 248105
Looking good.
Hate to be the Safety Police but no want to see a fellow Jeeper in an accident.
I do not remove the gas tank but protect the area with a welding blanket well, Sparks are not controllable and hot enough t melt anything does not tolerate heat. I use the chepo ones from HF, so far no issues.

Last edited:
Looking good.
I do not remove the gas tank but protect the area with a welding blanket well, Sparks are not controllable and hot enough t melt anything does not tolerate heat. I use the chelo ones from HF, so far no issues.
Aluminum foil also works well

Looking good.
I do not remove the gas tank but protect the area with a welding blanket well, Sparks are not controllable and hot enough t melt anything does not tolerate heat. I use the chelo ones from HF, so far no issues.
Thanks for the safety headsup.
I’m getting things prepared , not sure if I’ll weld tonight or tomorrow on a fresh mind.
I do have a water soaked towel, but I’m sure it won’t stop a amber/spark.

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
there is a top and a bottom to those. Just make sure they are the same both sides. I have mine with the end of the bottom coil facing to the rear. It shouldn't matter
Well the way my are located tops and bottoms , the end of the bottom coil , one would have to face to the back and one would have to face the front.

Rear springs don't have a top or bottom.
What I meant by that is, most rear coils will have stamped writing on it. I always put the writing right side up (top) to me. RE coils especially do. Maybe it is my OCD but I never put one coil with writing facing up, and the other one with writing facing down

I should have specified that. Technically there is no top and bottom as they are wound the same in the rear. Thanks Jivw