At what height should I measure to relocate the rear upper coil spring mount?

where/how much final welding did you end up doing?
IMG_9993.jpg

What are the consequences of not having the bumpstops lined up?

Well I got a crazy Idea today. So I set out to move my Upper coil spring buckets.
So I have got them off and move them and compressed my axles. I think I have them where I want them. What ya think ?
If the mounts are lined up with the hole on the frame arch, then you probably did it right

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee
Well I got a crazy Idea today. So I set out to move my Upper coil spring buckets.
So I have got them off and move them and compressed my axles. I think I have them where I want them. What ya think ?

View attachment 248104

View attachment 248105
Looking good.
Hate to be the Safety Police but no want to see a fellow Jeeper in an accident.
I do not remove the gas tank but protect the area with a welding blanket well, Sparks are not controllable and hot enough t melt anything does not tolerate heat. I use the chepo ones from HF, so far no issues.

Last edited:
Looking good.
I do not remove the gas tank but protect the area with a welding blanket well, Sparks are not controllable and hot enough t melt anything does not tolerate heat. I use the chelo ones from HF, so far no issues.
Aluminum foil also works well

Looking good.
I do not remove the gas tank but protect the area with a welding blanket well, Sparks are not controllable and hot enough t melt anything does not tolerate heat. I use the chelo ones from HF, so far no issues.
Thanks for the safety headsup.
I’m getting things prepared , not sure if I’ll weld tonight or tomorrow on a fresh mind.
I do have a water soaked towel, but I’m sure it won’t stop a amber/spark.

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
there is a top and a bottom to those. Just make sure they are the same both sides. I have mine with the end of the bottom coil facing to the rear. It shouldn't matter
Well the way my are located tops and bottoms , the end of the bottom coil , one would have to face to the back and one would have to face the front.

Rear springs don't have a top or bottom.
What I meant by that is, most rear coils will have stamped writing on it. I always put the writing right side up (top) to me. RE coils especially do. Maybe it is my OCD but I never put one coil with writing facing up, and the other one with writing facing down

I should have specified that. Technically there is no top and bottom as they are wound the same in the rear. Thanks Jivw