Aussie 97 TJ Wrangler Build

Today i'm going to do a coolant flush, tighten up the hoses, check for leaks, tidy up the engine bay a little and start on my onboard air project

20160424_123829.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Did the coolant flush today. Tightened all the hose clamps and looked underneath and there was a slight leak of coolant... bugger. Traced it up and pretty sure its the water pump. Easy and cheap to fix but unfortunately being from australia means i have to wait two weeks for parts. Anything else i should replace while im at it? Maybe the fan belt and thermostat?

Definitely consider the thermostat since you're already in there. Just make sure it's an OEM replacement on both parts.

Also, double check all of the couplings & hoses for the water pump and thermostat so you can order them at the same time if they need to be replaced.

Reactions: Jamin
That gonna be sweet once you get the proper gears in it. I love your beaches.
Are you converting the population over to the Jeep side?

Reactions: Stinger
Hey there Jamin, love the build progress thread! I'm a Kiwi over in Christchurch, NZ with a 99 TJ. You mentioned about your starter motor always making your battery sound flat. Mine does the same. I thought it might be bad connections or something but they're all sweet. Got the battery tested, no problems there. What have you done to test that the problem is the starter?