AX15 noises

Chilipepper

To start off, other than the noises, the tranny shifts well. No grinding or difficulty selecting gears. In neutral there's a knocking noise that goes away when I press the clutch in. I'm not sure what's making that noise but I'm thinking it's either an input shaft bearing or the throw out bearing is loose and rattling around. Then when in 3rd, 4th, and 5th, I can hear a higher pitch noise that gets louder as I increase the gear, assuming due to higher rpm. I'm wondering if this is any cause for concern. I've read about people with bad tranny bearings that had their bell housing crack due to bearings seizing up and twisting the tranny. It only has 139k miles on and I'm running redline in it. Here's a video to hear the noises.

I am calling out the input bearing based on my own experience.

How many miles on your trans? Mine has more than 275k and it's quite noisy. I recently changed the transmission and transfer case oil and that made a huge difference, though still noisy. So don't rule out your transfer case here.

I am calling out the input bearing based on my own experience.

How many miles on your trans? Mine has more than 275k and it's quite noisy. I recently changed the transmission and transfer case oil and that made a huge difference, though still noisy. So don't rule out your transfer case here.
I have changed the trans and tc fluid. The trans has 139k miles on it but according to the car fax, the previous owner had it rebuilt 5k miles ago. Idk what was done but man it's noisy. How could it be the transfer case? I had the transfer case in neutral when I took the video so not much was spinning in there.

But the throwout bearing only has a load on it when the clutch is pressed in. You do hear it "whirring" when i press the clutch in but are you saying that the knocking is it rattling around as if it were loose?
My suspicion would be that. I've seen thenm behave in weird fashions. Rattling when idling with pedal out...but seen them rattling when engaged as well.

Does the noise ever seem to change based on ambient outside temperature?

My suspicion would be that. I've seen thenm behave in weird fashions. Rattling when idling with pedal out...but seen them rattling when engaged as well.

Does the noise ever seem to change based on ambient outside temperature?
I'm in Florida so it's always kinda hot so no I haven't noticed. What I have noticed is that sometimes after driving a bit it quiets down but then after idling a bit it knocks. There's a noise that's not supposed to be there and I won't know for sure unless I open it up. I guess I'm just trying to see if I'm overreacting or not. It shifts fine so would it be cool to just ride it out until I notice a significant change in noise or performance?

I have changed the trans and tc fluid. The trans has 139k miles on it but according to the car fax, the previous owner had it rebuilt 5k miles ago. Idk what was done but man it's noisy. How could it be the transfer case? I had the transfer case in neutral when I took the video so not much was spinning in there.
That sounds like a bucket of marbles being dragged behind a little red wagon. The only thing I can suggest is to find the shop that did the rebuild and take it in. I expect it has some type of warranty.

That sounds like a bucket of marbles being dragged behind a little red wagon. The only thing I can suggest is to find the shop that did the rebuild and take it in. I expect it has some type of warranty.
I agree it does. Unfortunately it was done by the previous owner 3 years ago so I doubt there’s any warranty. There’s also the issue of having changed my cluster so now the odometer says it has 60k more miles than it actually does. If the warranty is still covered time wise it probably isn’t mileage wise according to the current reading.