Barn find: Warn 8274

WAIT! WHAT! As nice as the 8274 is, let's see this Willys! Even more exciting!

It's still sitting in the weeds up at my mom's in Indiana. I'm trying remember the year, but based on the Super Hurricane engine, grill, and my memory, it seems it's a '62 or sometime around there.
It's stock and very rust and crusty. I don't think it's worth a total restoration. But I would like to make it drivable again. Radiator was full of acorns the last time I looked at it. HA!!

30727865_10216448426191555_8119665007714631680_n.jpg

It's still sitting in the weeds up at my mom's in Indiana. I'm trying remember the year, but based on the Super Hurricane engine, grill, and my memory, it seems it's a '62 or sometime around there.
It's stock and very rust and crusty. I don't think it's worth a total restoration. But I would like to make it drivable again. Radiator was full of acorns the last time I looked at it. HA!!

View attachment 165141

Wow, that is a gold mine to the right person. Unfortunately I don't have the time/tools/talent, but would love to have a Willys (maybe station wagon) on top of my LJ frame and running gear.

When you are ready to do something with it, definitely query the internet to let folks know about it - there are lots of boards / enthusiasm about the Willys brand, and what they can do with a rusty/crusty pile is amazing.

Reactions: ToddDerrArtist
Not to hijack the thread, but this came with my jeep when I purchased it two years ago. It was not working so I removed it as it is HEAVY as hell. I take it its worth trying to fix? I have no idea what is wrong with it.

View attachment 163582

Yes fix it and put it back onto your Jeep. There's links to threads on how to repair/rebuild/upgrade your 8274 in this thread.
Do a search online and you can even find YouTube videos online what to do.

Reactions: ToddDerrArtist
Yes fix it and put it back onto your Jeep. There's links to threads on how to repair/rebuild/upgrade your 8274 in this thread.
Do a search online and you can even find YouTube videos online what to do.

Thanks for the reply... will do.