Barnett Diff Covers

Last time I talked to him the covers that would work had a specific number stamped on them. I have a few of those around my shop. I'll have to look at the numbers. I can't tell you the difference between then though.
HP fill plug and i believe its 5/32" thick.

Skids make it worse. Best thing to do is pull the housing, flip it over, weld a strip of 1/4" that is even with the gasket edge to just short of the edge of the front shoulder. Weld that after some serious cleaning of the iron. That will buy you lots of time.
Wasnt an option for me apparently:rolleyes:

I know that.

That would be a mistake and I'll bet money you have already had that explained to you.
Why's that? I have the correct locker and 30 spl shafts. Buy the housing and JK gears, I can set them up myself.. Just need the midarm truss and brackets welded on and she would be good to go. I dont see where that housing would be an issue in the rear.

Side note my front RJ housing fits fine up front, albeit with a lot of work... Has an additional .5" of bump but that was only needed for high speed impacts for upper contact with AC compressor.

Why's that? I have the correct locker and 30 spl shafts. Buy the housing and JK gears, I can set them up myself.. Just need the midarm truss and brackets welded on and she would be good to go. I dont see where that housing would be an issue in the rear.

Side note my front RJ housing fits fine up front, albeit with a lot of work... Has an additional .5" of bump but that was only needed for high speed impacts for upper contact with AC compressor.
Do you carry a spare rear driveshaft?

Why do you carry a spare rear driveshaft?
I have two driveshafts because my original rear shaft had a vibration after the auto/241 swap that TW couldnt fix. I bought a new shaft at a discount that resolved the vibration. I was happy i did that because my 2nd trip after the swap i landed on the yoke and ripped the straps off the yoke and tore up the driveshaft. Luckily had my spare shaft and someone had a Dana 44 yoke.

Still need to send that shaft into TW for repairs but its worth having because it will happen again.

I have two driveshafts because my original rear shaft had a vibration after the auto/241 swap that TW couldnt fix. I bought a new shaft at a discount that resolved the vibration. I was happy i did that because my 2nd trip after the swap i landed on the yoke and ripped the straps off the yoke and tore up the driveshaft. Luckily had my spare shaft and someone had a Dana 44 yoke.

Still need to send that shaft into TW for repairs but its worth having because it will happen again.
Short answer is the rocks tend to tear up the rear driveshaft a bit more than the front. We don't need the strength of the high pinion in the front, we need the fucking driveshaft up out of the rocks as far as possible. If that works in the front, the same philosophy works in the rear only moreso. The higher you get the rear driveshaft, the longer it will survive in JV.