Bedliner inside the tub

Link

TJ Enthusiast
Who has done a bed liner spray inside the tub? I did the exterior of a truck with LineX once. Wouldn’t recommend it. But the interior seems like it would be beneficial. I have vinyl flooring but don’t like it very much. I hate carpet so that’s out.

If you recommend it….what company? DIY it or professional company? I have bed lined several pick up beds and have used LineX and Armorthane with good results with both. Not a fan of Rhino Liner from what I have seen of it.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I’ve had my tub (raptoliner) for a few years now. If I had to do it again I’d probably put the $150 somewhere else, but still think it would be a toss up. I like not having to see the beat up tub with scratches or whatever else when I have the carpet out. But the grooves in the liner are hard to clean without scrubbing and spraying down with water. With just a wipe down, it leaves remnants of red NC clay. Also, and I’m sure everyone knows this and not why I lined the tub, but it does nothing to stop heat from coming from the floor.

Appreciate the input. I’m not concerned with the heat. More interested in being simple to clean…..and I hate carpet.

I did Herculiner on my first LJ. You can reapply the product at any time, which is great since it peels in high-use areas after a year or two. Overall, I was not impressed with the durability or the hassle involved with application.

I had a local shop spay LineX in my current rig. It is expensive, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for. The coating is tough, durable (so far), and for my uses much better than having a carpet. I have no complaints after several months of use.

We have done several, and I like it. Carpet is a PITA for where/how we ride, and ends up smelling like a wet dog. Get the seats recovered in marine vinyl and the after ride wash down become extremely easy. As far as brands, we have tried it several. Raptor liner is probably my favorite, and seems to hold up well, lizard skin isn't terrible. Rattle can liners works but, IMO are not very durable and more of a band aid fix.

As with most coatings, preparation is 100% the key to a good/long lasting finish.
Good luck.

Who has done a bed liner spray inside the tub? I did the exterior of a truck with LineX once. Wouldn’t recommend it. But the interior seems like it would be beneficial. I have vinyl flooring but don’t like it very much. I hate carpet so that’s out.

If you recommend it….what company? DIY it or professional company? I have bed lined several pick up beds and have used LineX and Armorthane with good results with both. Not a fan of Rhino Liner from what I have seen of it.

Thoughts?

Thanks

skip the bed liner and build a tube buggy instead

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
You will be. In the summer you will melt.

Yep I have had 2 TJ's one with LineX and one do it yourself.

Both were hot as hades in the summer time!

Cleaning the carpet doesn't take much longer than scrubbing the bed lined tub (once you learn how).

Reactions: TJ Jim
Yep I have had 2 TJ's one with LineX and one do it yourself.

Both were hot as hades in the summer time!

Cleaning the carpet doesn't take much longer than scrubbing the bed lined tub (once you learn how).

i was considering bed lining the tub of my jeep, but i decided it would be a down grade because i don't use my jeep like a pickup truck so the textured surface would just be more difficult to clean without giving any benefit.

all i need to do to clean it is pull the floor mats and spray it with a hose or dump a bucket of water on it. if it was bed lined i would need to brush it.

i only touched up the floor pan with chassis saver which is a durable urethane paint. some sort of urethane floor paint would be my recommendation or a bed liner coating without the grit added if you must. but a downside of a thicker build coating like bed liner is that it can rust underneath the coating without it chipping away thus trapping moisture, so you may not notice rust forming on the floor until it spreads over a large area.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I did the inside of my tub with monster liner. It’s held up really well. I did spend the time and prepped it really good. I also didn’t give it a heavy texture, I made it a little more smooth so it would be easier to clean.

I live in Michigan, so heat is not a big concern. I was down in Tennessee this past fall in the 90’s…. Still the heat doesn’t bother me, I never run a top… so to me it is what it is. I could see being in a hot climate it could suck.

To clean, I pull all my plugs and just hose it out, which is very convenient!

I had my tub interior sprayed with Line-X about 15 years ago.

I really like it because I leave all the drain plugs out. My Jeep leaks water (has since new) so it’s perfect for me. It’s very durable and still looks great. The Line-X holds dirt but I couldn’t care less.

The only down side I have found is that your Jeep tub will still rust underneath and the Line-X on the inside makes tub repairs more difficult.

Good luck removing Line-X if you gotta repair a floor pan that rusted through from the bottom or replace rusted out torque boxes for example.

I see spray lined tubs as a double edged sword. Just my opinion.

I’ve had my tub (raptoliner) for a few years now. If I had to do it again I’d probably put the $150 somewhere else, but still think it would be a toss up. I like not having to see the beat up tub with scratches or whatever else when I have the carpet out. But the grooves in the liner are hard to clean without scrubbing and spraying down with water. With just a wipe down, it leaves remnants of red NC clay. Also, and I’m sure everyone knows this and not why I lined the tub, but it does nothing to stop heat from coming from the floor.

Did it help with noise?

Thoughts?
I think if you wheel where it gets dusty and like a clean interior you will hate it. Liner holds dirt and the only way to get the tub semi clean is to wet scrub it with a brush and suck up the muck with a shop vac. If you are like me and don't care how filthy the tub looks then no problem.

I think if you wheel where it gets dusty and like a clean interior you will hate it. Liner holds dirt and the only way to get the tub semi clean is to wet scrub it with a brush and suck up the muck with a shop vac. If you are like me and don't care how filthy the tub looks then no problem.

Or do like my friend and have it done in a tan color so you can’t tell its there lol

Did it help with noise?
It did not. Still really noisy after lining. I recently cleaned up my carpet and put it back in for an upcoming wheeling trip after having it out for a few years. Forgot how much it helped with noise and heat coming through the floor board.

+1 for monstaliner. Did it myself in an afternoon. Proper prep and then paint. It's held up to abuse for 10 years without a sign of wear. Another thing to consider is road noise. If that is something you are concerned about, you'll definitely hear a difference between bed lining and carpet.