What's the best brand of lift for the money? Also what's the best height for most trails?

• Total voters

JTR

I've spent a lot of time online reading many different post. I've heard rough country sucks but they have great reviews online. I heard that OME is fantastic but find a lot of people Consider them fanboyish.
So the point of this is to find the over all best suspension brand for when I buy suspension for my Jeep.
Usage daily driver, Overlanding, Light rock crawling, And general usage on Colorado trails.
What brand would you recommend and what height.
I don't want to run giant tires. 33 are plenty big enough and I'm fine with 31. I just want something big enough to do most trails and overland.

Since most kits skimp on parts somewhere, I would not use any kit, instead I would build using individual components. It would be a 2-2.5" spring lift with a .5-1.25" body lift. That would run 31-33s tires nicely while maintaining great DD dynamics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob
Ranchero? You mean Rancho..

No rough country? If you're doing a poll it doesn't matter what YOU think..you can't omit a company like Rough Country which I guarantee you is the #1 purchased.

I'm not promoting nor bashing any company in particular (I sell and install this crap and they all have good things and most have shit items too)

OME is quality but I don't think they offer over 2".

This is going to be another one of those 'you're dumb if you....' thread, I think.

X2 to the thread chris posted, OME 2" HD springs paired with rancho RS5000X shocks is a great combo that many like

Reactions: TWiG01
OME offers a 4" springs and shocks
Can you find any sources that list the coils in stock? Quadratec lists them, but not in stock it says they can be ordered?

I have the OME shocks for 4" coils, but I went with Currie 4" coils. I would have possibly ran the coils but could not find a legit stocking source. Guess i could have called Quadratec...or messaged Hailey from @Quadratec

Reactions: D M and ejay
Can you find any sources that list the coils in stock? Quadratec lists them, but not in stock it says they can be ordered?

I have the OME shocks for 4" coils, but I went with Currie 4" coils. I would have possibly ran the coils but could not find a legit stocking source. Guess i could have called Quadratec...or messaged Hailey from @Quadratec
Not sure, all I know is they made 4" coils. Might have been discontinued? Havent checked ARB but arent they the same ?

Not sure, all I know is they made 4" coils. Might have been discontinued? Havent checked ARB but arent they the same ?
I'm pretty sure they are discontinued or special order or something. I went with Currie Rock Jockers, they nice! Number 1!

I don't trust Quadra-Fleece anyway.

Reactions: D M
I'm pretty sure they are discontinued or special order or something. I went with Currie Rock Jockers, they nice! Number 1!

I don't trust Quadra-Fleece anyway.
Ive been pretty lucky with the quad, but havent really bought much from them. I bought my wheels and Bedrug carpet from them, havent had any trouble, but I know those who have had a bad time.
Currie 4" Coils are at the top of my list for best 4" spring

Ive been pretty lucky with the quad, but havent really bought much from them. I bought my wheels and Bedrug carpet from them, havent had any trouble, but I know those who have had a bad time.
Currie 4" Coils are at the top of my list for best 4" spring
Since 1999, I have spent 1000's of $$$$ with them. They are not totally the Devil. I just think they "can" be d-bags on the phone IF you have an issue. But that's anywhere possibly. I would possibly order from them again if I needed to.

Reactions: D M