Best mild tummy tuck?

I run the Barnes skid. I wouldn't really call it a tummy tuck as it only raises the transfer case 3/4 to 1 inch. However, it is an improvement over than the stock skid and the price is right. Currently it's $225.
20200315_164050.jpg

its not a cool factor upgrade, im just anticipating wanting to get one for clearance proposes, im not even getting one rn, it will probably be next year sometime. I think WAY too far in advance, its kinda a problem
Save the monies, just take your time and do it right. Once you're back from the re-gear and go wheeling a few times you'll get a better feel for what you actually "need"

From what i know, UCF offers "intermediate" options, one of which requires no mods.
Other than that, you either TT or you don't TT.

You anticipate wanting means you dont know wtf you need to begin with. If you ask lady at the front register of CVS, she will point you to the isle with tampons. Your issue of "think WAY too far" while not addressing the problem, can also be fixed with at the same isle

Great. I've already got the adjustable upper arms, SYE, and a skid that is heavily dented & gouged from the rocks. I guess I'm doing a TT in the near future. I guess I should've done the SS SYE.

Reactions: SvtLdr
I run the Barnes skid. I wouldn't really call it a tummy tuck as it only raises the transfer case 3/4 to 1 inch. However, it is an improvement over than the stock skid and the price is right. Currently it's $225.
View attachment 275525
I have this and it has served me well. I also did not want to make all of the other mods for raised skid. Just smoother and tougher was good enough for me.

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
The real question you should be pondering is aluminum versus steel. After that, it's all about how much work you're willing to do for extra clearance.

Reactions: SvtLdr
There is nothing wrong with doing things in steps and any bit of clearance helps (even if it is not all that you could get). I went from stock skid to UCF extra clearance and it was a HUGE improvement in the rocks. I later wanted MORE clearance and went with the UCF ultra clearance and gave my extra clearance to a local kid, who was very happy to be able to get that extra clearance at minimal cost. I am lucky that I can donate parts, but if you can't, you can always sell for half price to cover the cost of your upgrade. Every little bit of added clearance makes a world of difference and every little bit has a cost associated. Do what you can when you can and then go wheel it and smile as much as possible. Waiting to do everything at once is probably the most cost effective and definitely the most time effective, but dang, I would rather gain a little clearance and wheel it harder for a year, then gain a little more and wheel it harder, and then gain a little more......... plus all the added time in the garage will have you an expert on your rig.

As far as aluminum vs steel, weight lost does not equal weaker.