Best mud tires for snow

I think I have decided on the duratracs due to the aggressive tread pattern and have heard they are very good in the snow. I appreciate your guys help. I will report how I like them when I get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Matt77
Ok, I’ve changed my mind again. The reason I’m not going with the Duratracs is because of a weak sidewall and the tires chipping. The two tires at the top of my list are the Cooper STT Pros and Cooper ST Maxx. Anyone have experience with these in rain/snow. Thanks!

Ok, I’ve changed my mind again. The reason I’m not going with the Duratracs is because of a weak sidewall and the tires chipping. The two tires at the top of my list are the Cooper STT Pros and Cooper ST Maxx. Anyone have experience with these in rain/snow. Thanks!

Only Cooper's I've had were the AT3s. Great in all weather but I never tried them off road. Im considering the Falken Wildpeak AT.

THORNBIRDS if you can still find em or Ground Hawgs.

Not sure about the Ground Hawgs, but I would definitely stay away from the Thornbirds. I have never seen a positive thread on those tires. From what I can tell, they may be the most hated tires in the off-road community haha. If you want some funny reading, google pirate4x4 thornbirds. People on pirate have no filter at all and will tell you what they really think about them lol.

My Cooper STT Pros seem to handle well in rain.
I use my Duratracs for snow however.

Reactions: Bruce20
I know the internet is covered in Duratrac sidewall weakness stories, but of the people I personally know and wheel with DTs, I have never seen an issue. When I bought mine I had the same fears, but I have used them in a variety of conditions without failure. I did buy the Discount Tire certs so if I do gash one, they'll replace it.

Reactions: Bruce20