Best Radiator for a TJ?

Glad to see that everyone is in agreement on the "best" radiator. **Face palm** Why not a duralast and call it good. Seems like everyone on here has something bad to say about what another person says is amazing.

Everyone has their own experiences though, that's for sure.

Glad to see that everyone is in agreement on the "best" radiator. **Face palm** Why not a duralast and call it good. Seems like everyone on here has something bad to say about what another person says is amazing.

giphy.gif

Think about it. Mopar is not synonymous with quality. My employer has a fleet of Dodge vehicles. I would never own one. They just don't hold up. That's why I laugh when people talk about Mopar XYZ is the best quality. It might be the best at times in some cases but the bar for quality is pretty low when you're talking about Mopar. I love my Jeep but it's definitely not a top of the line vehicle when it comes to quality.

Reactions: Willys LJ and Zorba
I don't care who makes it or whether it's plastic or aluminum or brass.

All I care it that I can get 5-10+ years out of it and it doesn't fail and leave me stranded...or nuke my engine.

I see lots of information but no consensus.

We really need a standard test protocol to make the results and information empirical rather than subjective.

-Mac

I see lots of information but no consensus.

We really need a standard test protocol to make the results and information empirical rather than subjective.

-Mac
I think that the consensus is Mopar. As for empirical data, most of them last on average 15 years and anywhere from 150,000 to 200,000 miles. Of course you're going to get some that crap out long before that, but the replacement, if Mopar, will probably go as long as the first one should have.
Some of the aftermarket replacements will do as good, but most will not. One out of 100 from Rads R Us might do it, but only as an outlier. The other 99 will crap out in a couple years. You can replace them under warranty, but do you want to replace a radiator every two years? Most of us don't.
Mopar seems to be as good as it gets. I can't say that I've read about any other brand, as a whole, matching Mopar performance or longevity.

Reactions: LittleGiant
I’m not seeing that. I see order quantity of 1

In the description it says…

“DETAILS​

• Genuine:
    Mopar Parts
  • SKU:55037653AC
  • Other Names:Radiator
  • Description:
    NOTE:25 pc min Qty Mix and Match Pallet Program only, Use mopar.com to order, Magneti-Marelli Parts tab.
  • Condition:New
  • Applications:44. 4x4. 4x4 4x2 RHD.
  • Sold In Quantity:1”
I took that to mean you could buy one of these radiators, but it had to be part of a 25 piece order, maybe I misread and that is saying if you want 25 on a pallet go to a different website.

“DETAILS​

• Genuine:
    View attachment 456760
  • Description:
    NOTE:25 pc min Qty Mix and Match Pallet Program only, Use mopar.com to order, Magneti-Marelli Parts tab.
I took that to mean you could buy one of these radiators, but it had to be part of a 25 piece order, maybe I misread and that is saying if you want 25 on a pallet go to a different website.

Ohhhhh, ouch. Well there goes that. Haha!

“DETAILS​

• Genuine:
    View attachment 456760
  • Description:

I put it in my cart an went to checkout and only 1 was charged. SOLD IN QUANITY 1"

Reactions: UKTJ
So is it the general consensus that the RockAuto listed "Premium" Liland 2 row aluminum option
is not better then the OE MOPAR that's listed as standard grade, yet ~50% higher in cost ??

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinf...fD/21NY6l2Mfs9/CiDAZ4tB+9E4+e5zhQKMuTLqlHOh+e
I'd have to read the entire threat to see whose actually bought one of these to try.
As a "Toy" new Jeep owner, its my belief it's going to be difficult to prove a 20 year old vehicle as a DD when most these days aren't.

When I replaced the Chinesium one that was in my LJ, I went with a brass/copper radiator. It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Cheaper than the Mopar and no plastic tanks to blow on it.