Black Hard Top Color Restoration

I also gave this a try, because the hardtop I bought was a bit faded. Eventually I want to go over and paint the whole thing with SEM paint if I can get my hands on some . but for 10$ And about 30 minutes worth of work I’m happy. I used 4 magic erasers total.

6D9E678A-EEC1-463C-AFD3-619D8360D4D6.jpeg

29EFC243-C433-4AC9-80CC-18A05001AF97.jpeg

I also gave this a try, because the hardtop I bought was a bit faded. Eventually I want to go over and paint the whole thing with SEM paint if I can get my hands on some . but for 10$ And about 30 minutes worth of work I’m happy. I used 4 magic erasers total.

View attachment 287259

View attachment 287260
Also a while ago I used some rv silicone to hold my vent in place and I accidentally got a bit on the hardtop. The magic eraser took it right off.

Reactions: Moliver11

View attachment 287259

View attachment 287260
Looks really good. The next step of a ceramic spray really helped keep it fresh looking. Nice work👍🏻

@Moliver11 @Jacobjburt @tkarbs

Thanks for these pics. Can any of you share how much black appeared on your Magic Erasers in the process? I'm trying this out on a tan hard top, and after my first (gentle) pass, I see color coming off on the eraser, but no noticeable result. I can certainly try another pass, but want to be sure I'm not just removing all the paint.

@Moliver11 @Jacobjburt @tkarbs

Thanks for these pics. Can any of you share how much black appeared on your Magic Erasers in the process? I'm trying this out on a tan hard top, and after my first (gentle) pass, I see color coming off on the eraser, but no noticeable result. I can certainly try another pass, but want to be sure I'm not just removing all the paint.

I don’t recall how much black transferred to the magic eraser, I do remember it took a few passes. My hard top was oxidized pretty good, the magic eraser was noticeable in bringing back the color. I don’t recall feeling like the paint was getting too thin.

Reactions: SSTJ
My hard top has been sitting in my driveway for months looking like crap, think I'm going to pick up some magic erasers and show it some TLC. Thanks for the write up!

ya me too monsoons are starting so I'll have to put the top back on,crap I like run-in round with the dew rag on{safari top}