Black magic brake pads squealing

So unless your brake pads are worn down to the point they are allowing the low pad indicator to actually contact the rotor, most squeeling comes from the brake pad resonating within the caliper itself. That is why caliper grease is used.

However, you only need to apply it in two spots. On the face of the piston that comes into contact with the inside brake pad and for the outside brake pad you apply it to the dog ears where it actually makes contact with the caliper. You dont need to paint it on. That will stop your squeeling.

Crap....i read all of that and I read Blaine's response above and I do remember now that his do have the anti squeal shims. Disregard. MrBlaine....please carry on. I'll sit here quietly now! lol

Reactions: 5632
That will stop your squeeling.
No it won't, I promise it won't. He just needs to finish breaking them in and they will go back to being dead silent like they were when he first put them on. He has just been a bit lazy in using the brakes and they went out of being broken in or what the rest of the world knows as "glazed over" a bit.