Boots

lBasket

Branch Manager
Supporting Member
What kind of boots you guys wear?

I got a pair of Ariats for like 100$ when I moved up here. They lasted like 10mo. I get a lot of recommendations for Danner and Keen, I just picked up a pair of Keen Cincinnatis. Really hoping they last 2+ years.

I use them for a mixture working around the house and hiking, but the way I walk im typically really hard on shoes' soles.

What are your favorite boots?

How tall do you like? Noone I know mentioned those brands but cat. The cat shoes seemed like they aren't really as great for mixed use from what I saw

The first two are cowboy boots so normal height. Square toe Justin’s and exotic material Tecovas.

For the keens it’s been Targhee 2 and 3 mid heights. I’ve had maybe four pairs in a mixture of both waterproof and not.

The Cats are my steel toes.

Reactions: lBasket
The first two are cowboy boots so normal height. Square toe Justin’s and exotic material Tecovas.
Dang you wear cowboy boots? I wish I owned enough land for that
For the keens it’s been Targhee 2 and 3 mid heights. I’ve had maybe four pairs in a mixture of both waterproof and not.
I hear their waterproof stuff is nice and not too hot. I got a 6" shoe since I want to wear 1 shoe for everything.
The Cats are my steel toes.
I got a carbon toe lol. My friend said based on how my old shoes wore out, I should get one. It's a bit heavy hiking

Work boots have been using Keen Milwaukee and with regular insole changes (I use the K20) I get a couple years out of them before my fat ass starts breaking them down.

Non work currently is Keen Targhee Vent which I do like better than the Merrill Moab 2 that I had before that.

Work boots have been using Keen Milwaukee and with regular insole changes (I use the K20) I get a couple years out of them before my fat ass starts breaking them down.
Is that a keen supplied insole?

Those look like they'd last forever with the toe covering. Too bad I'd look like a goober going out to dinner in them
Non work currently is Keen Targhee Vent which I do like better than the Merrill Moab 2 that I had before that.

Merrill has a poo warranty I saw?? I didn't like their shoes, they are appealing aesthetically too much to the REI crowd for me, I prefer leather over the meshes n shit.

Those targhee look like a great classic looking hiking shoe what height did you get?

1712704519559.jpeg

Cowboy boots I like Olathe. Don't wear them near as much as I used to.

I have a pair of Sketchers chucca boots I really like as well as a pair of Merrell Moab 2.

Running around I wear Hey Dudes and have a pair of Hey Dudes flip flops also.

Work boots I have a pair of Sketcher steel toes.

• Wow
I'm on my second pair of Thorogood Flyways. First pair lasted about 2 years until the soles wore smooth. Uppers are still nice enough to get rebuilt, which I might do. I like them a lot.

Thorogood Mens 6" FLYWAY USA BROWN W/P Boots https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BN83C6Y?tag=wranglerorg-20

Sears Die Hard mid cut garage oxfords are my shop/chore shoes, been wearing them over 45 years. Still got a pair of the green leather Browning hunting boots for warm weather hunting, I use Obenhauf's leather dressing on all my leather goods and shoes as it really makes a big difference.

I have 2 pairs of Thorogood (round toe) USA made steel toe boots that are over 8 years old at this point. One pair is on it's 3 sole replacement, the other on it's second. They are worn every day at work, so they get a lot of use. Bad part they no longer make this model, they have a newer version with a composite toe that I'm going to look at. Not cheap, but worth it being on concrete with the amount of walking I do most days.

Casual hiking boots I bought at Christmas Oboz Footware. So far so good with them.

I'm on my second pair of Thorogood Flyways. First pair lasted about 2 years until the soles wore smooth. Uppers are still nice enough to get rebuilt, which I might do. I like them a lot.

Thorogood Mens 6" FLYWAY USA BROWN W/P Boots https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BN83C6Y?tag=wranglerorg-20

FYI if you don't already know. Thorogood offers a reconditioning and resoling service for there boots.

If I remember it was around $125, I paid $90 a year ago for a local cobbler to do mine around here. Not many cobblers around anymore.

Reactions: CMBD
FYI if you don't already know. Thorogood offers a reconditioning and resoling service for there boots.

If I remember it was around $125, I paid $90 a year ago for a local cobbler to do mine around here. Not many cobblers around anymore.

I have the resoling postcard from the new pair in with the old pair. I think it was $125 for a resole and $175 for a more thorough restoration.

Reactions: DB04RedJeep
Is that a keen supplied insole?

Those look like they'd last forever with the toe covering. Too bad I'd look like a goober going out to dinner in them

Merrill has a poo warranty I saw?? I didn't like their shoes, they are appealing aesthetically too much to the REI crowd for me, I prefer leather over the meshes n shit.

Those targhee look like a great classic looking hiking shoe what height did you get?

Keen optional insole https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4KEXMC?tag=wranglerorg-20 They require you to either run a half size larger boot or wait for them to break in a bit. For me being on concrete all day they are a must.

The Milwaukee last for me until I break the sole.

I went with mids for the hikers.

Cowboy boots I like Olathe. Don't wear them near as much as I used to.

I have a pair of Sketchers chucca boots I really like as well as a pair of Merrell Moab 2.

Running around I wear Hey Dudes and have a pair of Hey Dudes flip flops also.

Work boots I have a pair of Sketcher steel toes.

I didn't know sketchers made boots!

Reactions: John Cooper

These are really nice looking
I have 2 pairs of Thorogood (round toe) USA made steel toe boots that are over 8 years old at this point. One pair is on it's 3 sole replacement, the other on it's second. They are worn every day at work, so they get a lot of use. Bad part they no longer make this model, they have a newer version with a composite toe that I'm going to look at. Not cheap, but worth it being on concrete with the amount of walking I do most days.

Casual hiking boots I bought at Christmas Oboz Footware. So far so good with them.

Do you have wedge shaped sole for concrete floors or do you still get the normal heel?