Bought a 2004 Rubicon yesterday. Joined the forum today.

I appreciate all of the feedback! Planning to drill the weep holes sometime this week and then the fluid film goes in. Regarding the upgrades, they have to happen now while I have the greenlight from the wife and about 60 day before my middle kid needs my current ride. Here is the list I've worked up and You'll be able to tell what I'm working up. Again, this will be a daily driver and a pretty mild build. The Jeep is currently stock with the exception of the 16 inch wheels and BFG 31's (LT's) that I'm selling locally. The guy I bought it from did a full front end rebuild with stock parts.

I'd take any and all feedback. Thanks so much!

Hey Anoka and welcome. Very nice looking Jeep.
Nice list I am very curious about the tires you choose. Any specific reason?
I see they are made in North Korea.
I was looking at these from the tire store that I normally go to but not a fan of buying a tire from China.
https://www.townfairtire.com/brand/tires/eldorado/trail-guide-a~t/31--1050r15c/tgt44/

I am also only looking to spend the 160-170 range.

Did you smoke all of that Dime Bag yourself?

It was some harsh smoke. 😏
1702312053818.png

Great to learn that there are some other MN members on the forum. I don’t plan on wheeling this rig quite yet so Gilbert in the Iron Range is out for the time being.

Regarding the tires I’m going to run (Discount Tire Pathfinder AT’s) I had them on my wife’s Yukon XL and they were quiet on the road and great in the snow at an affordable price.

I’m on the Eastwood site right now putting an order in for two sets of the Internal Frame Coating System along with two cans of the Berkebile PFC Protectant to hose down the external frame and chassis. That project will be step one this week along with a good polish and wax.

I have been using Cosmoline for my under-frame spray. I know Fluid Film comes off with road salt. Cosmoline is damned near impossible to remove. Gasoline, kerosene, or mineral spirits will help it come off, accompanied by plenty of cursing. Since I've been using it, very little in the way of any rust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rut Row
  • Haha
Reactions: John Cooper